Real Ales at the Dove and Rainbow

goldenfleece

We are expanding our range of top selling cask ales to have TEN real ales on handpull PLUS some real ciders......who would have thought that rock music and real ale would have worked so well together....(well, we did actually, but that's not the point). And even if you don't like your rock too much, there is a quiet end of the pub to enjoy your drink in peace. We even have those wonderful old fashioned dimpled beer jugs (with handles) if you ask, as long as you don't walk out with them:mad:

New tomorrow to compliment the current BLACK SHEEP, FLOWERS IPA and HOBGOBLIN, is the excellant SHEPHERD NEAME SPITFIRE, one of the best cask ales from Britains oldest Brewers. Also coming in the next few days will be OLD SPECKLED HEN and BURTON ALE, both very distinctive cask ales:thumbsup:

Thanks to the Dove's past history as one of Whitbreads 1990's TUT N SHIVE branded houses, which were well known for real ales as well as gimmicky decor, we have ten handpulls which are coming back into service after some years of redundancy. We will soon become one of the very few pubs in Sheffield to have as many cask ales flowing at the same time, so if you are a real ale drinker, drop in and try some of our hand pulled gems:) Lovingly cared for in our cellar, we do things the old fashioned proper way, and you are welcome to sample ANY of our cask ales before buying....just ask:)

But in its previous incarnation it was nearly always undrinkable - I tried it on several different occasions and I could seldom finish a pint (which is saying something!). But by all accounts goldenfleece has sorted out the problems - and greatly expanded the range too. Sounds great, must visit again soon.

But in its previous incarnation it was nearly always undrinkable - I tried it on several different occasions and I could seldom finish a pint (which is saying something!). But by all accounts goldenfleece has sorted out the problems - and greatly expanded the range too. Sounds great, must visit again soon.

I cannot comment on real ale served by the Dove in its previous 'incarnation' as never drunk it. However, I do know all the cask ale and beer lines were replaced last Month. Certainly the place has had a history of real ales going back to the TUT days, but I think its been at least 7/8 years or so since there were 4 real ales on at once. When we get all TEN handpulls working I think we will be probably the ONLY traditional and original pub in Sheffield to have this many ales.

As much as I like real ale, I prefer to drink in a proper, trad pub, rather than the more modern bar/pub, as somehow cask ale belongs to the old pubs, despite increasing dramatically in popularity this year.

I cannot comment on real ale served by the Dove in its previous 'incarnation' as never drunk it. However, I do know all the cask ale and beer lines were replaced last Month. Certainly the place has had a history of real ales going back to the TUT days, but I think its been at least 7/8 years or so since there were 4 real ales on at once. When we get all TEN handpulls working I think we will be probably the ONLY traditional and original pub in Sheffield to have this many ales.

As much as I like real ale, I prefer to drink in a proper, trad pub, rather than the more modern bar/pub, as somehow cask ale belongs to the old pubs, despite increasing dramatically in popularity this year.

There were at least 4 (nearly undrinkable) real ales on as recently as 3-4 years ago, when on of my exes was working behind the bar.

IIRC, they were Pedigree, Directors, Old Speckled Hen, and the other was either Stones or Tetley.

I drank bottles in there.

Glad to hear it's sorted out now anyway. I'll have to get down for some choons!

There were at least 4 (nearly undrinkable) real ales on as recently as 3-4 years ago, when on of my exes was working behind the bar.

IIRC, they were Pedigree, Directors, Old Speckled Hen, and the other was either Stones or Tetley.!

We have OLD SPECKLED HEN on now actually, and I assure you, its a superb and smooth drink! new lines and cellar improvements were made last month, as we all know the place was suffering from lack of investment for some time......

We have OLD SPECKLED HEN on now actually, and I assure you, its a superb and smooth drink! new lines and cellar improvements were made last month, as we all know the place was suffering from lack of investment for some time......

Looking forward to the Burton with some Whitesnake in the background myself ........ just like the Mail Coach was ..........

<wistful look out of the window before remembering there REALLY IS some paperwork to do ........>

Archived