Real Ales at the Dove and Rainbow

goldenfleece

Just a thread to say that this is an excellent bar/pub

Went in tonight with a mate. Plenty of cask ales on the go, as well as draught beers.

Without doubt the only bar I have ever been in that only plays decent music. My mate requested a few songs, and although they didnt have any Dream Theater, they played the requested tracks straight away.

Will definitly be going again, superb pub.

That is one of the unwritten laws of being a DJ, you can never have absolutely everything, and the one thing you forget to take one day is what is suddenly wanted..Dream Theatre will be added today from my archives at home, no one has ever asked for that yet....

We try to play EVERY song requested (if its rock and we have it and its not some obscure 65 minute long pink floyd remix)), no matter how busy we are, so we wont fob you off with "might play it later mate" or "try and squeeze it in sometime soon"...if we have it its added to the playlist ASAP.....:thumbsup:

Just grab me and ask or give me a list, I love it!

I jump back and forth a lot from the DJ box to serving at the bar so you have to be quick, I multi-task like crazy on busy nights.....

New Ale on tonight is COURAGE DIRECTORS BITTER, complimenting our regular FLOWERS IPA,WYCHWOOD HOBGOBLIN, and the superb BLACK SHEEP ALE....

Dont forget we also have real ale in bottles, ie OLD PERCULIAR, ABBOT ALE, OLD SPECKLED HEN, BASS, etc, and other guest bottles, and more to come soon as we expand our cask handpull range in the new year......

see you soon:)

• 1 year later...

Watch out for really excellant cask ales coming to the Dove in the next 2 Months. Included on my list of ales to offer is BRYSONS Hurricane Bitter, Black SHeep Ale (not to be confused with our standard Black Sheep bitter), LEES Dragon's Fire, NEWMANS' Last Lion of London, SKINNERS Cornish Knocker, HALL AND WOODHOUSE Tanglefoot, WICKWARS Long John SIlver, so quite a few you won't find anywhere else I am sure......

Looking forward to some of these......

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CURRENT RESIDENT ALES

John Smiths Cask, Wychwood Hobgoblin, Kelham Island Easy Rider, Adnams Bitter

CURRENT GUEST ALES

Wychwood Wytchcraft Ale, Pendle Witches Brew, Hydes Bells + Whistles, St Austell Tribute, Courage Best Bitter, Butcombe Gold Ale, Cornish Mutiny, Everards Equinox

• 2 weeks later...

CURRENT RESIDENT ALES

John Smiths Cask, Wychwood Hobgoblin, Kelham Island Easy Rider, Adnams Bitter

CURRENT GUEST ALES

Wychwood Wytchcraft Ale, Pendle Witches Brew, Hydes Bells + Whistles, St Austell Tribute, Courage Best Bitter, Butcombe Gold Ale, Cornish Mutiny, Everards Equinox, Wadworth Farmers Glory

a few faves there brought them back again for another week...top ales

Archived