Real Ales at the Dove and Rainbow

goldenfleece

So did I! And it had Old Peculier on for a while at that time. And even more Burton in the Punch Bowl on Crookes, and a fair few gallons of Castle Eden Ale (sorely missed) in the Cobden View too.

<fx: student house memories flood back - even more so as I have 80's Metal Radio on at the moment .......>

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thinks back to old days of Castle Eden in Museum, happy days :thumbsup:

Anybody know if Castle Eden is still made?

Think so - spotted an advert for it at Hartlepool's ground on TV the other day. It's still brewed in the NE I think.

I may be wrong, but isn't Castle Eden brewery long gone and just the brand name lives on.

If it's being advertised in Hartlepool, I suspect it's something to do with Camerons.

I may be wrong, but isn't Castle Eden brewery long gone and just the brand name lives on.

If it's being advertised in Hartlepool, I suspect it's something to do with Camerons.

Yes. If I remember correctly the brewery shut about 10 years ago (maybe a touch less), around the time that that dreadful keg 'Eden Bitter' was being punted about. As far as I know, cask Castle Eden is dead.

edit - quick google shows it to be alive and, yes, brewed by Camerons

Eden Bitter was awful, it should never have been allowed to carry the name Edin :rant:

I might be tempted to call into Dove after work tonight - anyone fancy a quick pint ??

Edit - or even Eden

Archived