Real Ales at the Dove and Rainbow

goldenfleece

Tried all of these beers in the last few days - except for the strongarm which went on after I had to leave.

Wont be drinking lager in there again - im converted :love:

AH....another convert from the dreaded evil lager...

soon you will smoking a long pipe with cherry flavoured tobacco, sporting a tasteful fuzzy jumper with elbow patches, an overgrown 'mad professor' style beard, and discussing specific gravities and bizarre Cornish brewing practices involving Monks jumping up and down on the 'mash' with fellow real ale drinkers.....:hihi:

...(except the stereotypical image of the real ale drinker is now utterly and completely wrong...its 18 yr old students onwards...since the start of the year cask ale popularity has risen sharply which is a very good sign for the real ale market and image)

....you will LOVE the camerons Strongarm, a delicious and very fruity 'ruby red' ale. This stuff is just so addictive I cannot believe it....

Was good to be in the Dove and Rainbow again last night.

Feels more and more like the classic Wap every time I visit, but with better ale.

I can't remember which beer I was drinking, I think it was Stongarm, but it was lovely.

Me and my mate were trying really hard to not stare at the crazy woman behind us who was sat on her own in black and twitching to the music.

Was good to be in the Dove and Rainbow again last night.

Feels more and more like the classic Wap every time I visit, but with better ale.

I can't remember which beer I was drinking, I think it was Stongarm, but it was lovely.

Camerons STRONGARM or other recent one just online was JENNINGS CUMBERLAND ALE, both superb.....:thumbsup:

Classic Wapentake? Oh yes.........except we dont have the sticky vinyl floor!!!

But getting closer to the 'good old days' with TWO pinball machines coming this week, and maybe even a table football back again once I jig the other machines around a bit......half a mind to put a floor standing CLASSIC VINYL jukebox in as well......will be the ONLY one in town!!!!

....you will LOVE the camerons Strongarm, a delicious and very fruity 'ruby red' ale. This stuff is just so addictive I cannot believe it....

Oh WOW:thumbsup: Cameron Strongarm? Hallelujah!!

What a mighty fine bevvie this ruby coloured, heart warming, deliciously head-knocking beer is.

We used to stop in the Endeavour pub in Whitby (usually around Christmas time, 1993, 1994 &c) and this is the beer that was on tap in the bar (little bar, real fire, dartboard, jukebox with all the Christmas records on which would play till about 3 in the morning. Our bedroom was directly above the bar and all you got was the thud-thud of the jukebox).

Even a pal of mine who never touched beer forewent his lager for Strongarm. Seven or eight of this stuff and you were on your way. It took my mate about 4 or 5 pints before he had to cash his chips in and go to bed!!

Easily, when looked after, one of the best beers money can buy. (It's also a heavy hangover!)

The last place I had some locally was in Holmfield of all places.

I shall definitely make a detour to the D & R if this sexy little blighter is on tap.

You've made my day!!!:thumbsup:

Easily, when looked after, one of the best beers money can buy. (It's also a heavy hangover!)

The last place I had some locally was in Holmfield of all places.

I shall definitely make a detour to the D & R if this sexy little blighter is on tap.

You've made my day!!!:thumbsup:

This gorgeous sexy little blighter is indeed on sale at the Dove and Rainbow (note we are NOT the DnR!!!) and was very popular Saturday night indeed.....think will keep it on as a regular cask ale and promote it from a guest beer........lovely stuff........:thumbsup: comes from Lions Brewery who also make the superb Castle Eden Ale...

Archived