People on Benefits should have to give time to community

some of the hardcore cant work because they already do so - cash in hand, but these jobs tend to be poorly (less than nmw etc) paid and tbf many would be better off on the benefits than just the job,

some have "idiocy" tricks, example cv statement: i brush my teeth everday(under qualification)

in both of these cases a sliding scale of benefits would entice them back to work/PAYE work..

for the disabled:

mental disability - cleaners

physical disability - call centre staff

edit: this is not an insult to any working in above jobs/disabled - more of a practical solution

you are talking "utopia" though, tom:- you haven't looked at the capabilities of folks, as individuals, you are lumping folk with disabilities together.

Some folks with mental ilnesses could not cope with the pressure of even sweeping floors, (and I'm not deriding or denigrating those who sweep floors).

It's the same with physical disabilities. One disabled person might possibly be able to cope, no problem, with a "call centre" post, but the next person may not be up to it.

You might think "Oh, it's only answering a phone, how hard can that be?" thing is, what about teh writing of details down, after / during the call? what if the person hasn't got the physical stamina to do that?

Or what about conditions like MS, or ME? where concentration, as well as stamina can be limited or fluctuate? Some folk can be fine one day, but do a day's work, and they are laid up for a couple of days, (sometimes up to a week or more) just for expending that effort. what about those who suffer chronic pain? Could they be expected to manage to sit at a desk all day?

there are folk, like the man who hit the headlines, last week, the benefit fraudster, he "was too sick to walk" according to his claim, but he was out running marathons and doing "ironman challenges" etc. I was disgusted with him, as he makes a "show" of those of us who are genuine. The public see cases like his, and make the assumption that al we disabled people are fraudsters like him.

you are talking "utopia" though, tom:- you haven't looked at the capabilities of folks, as individuals, you are lumping folk with disabilities together.

Some folks with mental ilnesses could not cope with the pressure of even sweeping floors, (and I'm not deriding or denigrating those who sweep floors).

It's the same with physical disabilities. One disabled person might possibly be able to cope, no problem, with a "call centre" post, but the next person may not be up to it.

You might think "Oh, it's only answering a phone, how hard can that be?" thing is, what about teh writing of details down, after / during the call? what if the person hasn't got the physical stamina to do that?

Or what about conditions like MS, or ME? where concentration, as well as stamina can be limited or fluctuate? Some folk can be fine one day, but do a day's work, and they are laid up for a couple of days, (sometimes up to a week or more) just for expending that effort. what about those who suffer chronic pain? Could they be expected to manage to sit at a desk all day?

there are folk, like the man who hit the headlines, last week, the benefit fraudster, he "was too sick to walk" according to his claim, but he was out running marathons and doing "ironman challenges" etc. I was disgusted with him, as he makes a "show" of those of us who are genuine. The public see cases like his, and make the assumption that al we disabled people are fraudsters like him.

although i respect your views, i am under the impression that you receive DLA and at the same time participate in voluntary work. you are able to write, read and i presume speak. what would stop you from working in a call centre earning £££ nd paying tax.

although i respect your views, i am under the impression that you receive DLA and at the same time participate in voluntary work. you are able to write, read and i presume speak. what would stop you from working in a call centre earning £££ nd paying tax.

Receiving DLA is simply due to the fact that the person is disabled and needs help in day-to-day living. To simply say that 'you have some money to compensate for being disabled' is ludicrous.

Thousands upon thousands of disabled people work every day, just like able bodied people. Thousands upon thousands of disabled people CAN'T take jobs (even with the DDA) because of umpteen reasons.

I resent (on PT's part) you implying that she doesn't want to do anything, and/or that she should take a job unsuited to her for whichever reason.

Indeed. You point out, however, that this eejit is in a tiny minority.

Correctly.

Receiving DLA is simply due to the fact that the person is disabled and needs help in day-to-day living. To simply say that 'you have some money to compensate for being disabled' is ludicrous.

Thousands upon thousands of disabled people work every day, just like able bodied people. Thousands upon thousands of disabled people CAN'T take jobs (even with the DDA) because of umpteen reasons.

I resent (on PT's part) you implying that she doesn't want to do anything, and/or that she should take a job unsuited to her for whichever reason.

PT - this aint directed at you - it's an OTT response to happyhippy

On this basis i want Sanity Living Allowance (i need some one to keep me sane see), ive got umpteen reasons why i should have flipped and killed/maimed others. i'd like to sit in an office with a sexy seceraty doing as little work as possible, at same time im prepared to clean/clean up dead bodies/work in a call centre.

im pretty sure most disabled unless cabbaged would take a job where they do f all and get £££. At same time im pretty sure they would rather sign on than work as a cleaner for nmw and get hb etc. and preach bout how they hard done to.

£10 says post will be removed - bets by m

On this basis i want Sanity Living Allowance (i need some one to keep me sane see), ive got umpteen reasons why i should have flipped and killed/maimed others. i'd like to sit in an office with a sexy seceraty doing as little work as possible, at same time im prepared to clean/clean up dead bodies/work in a call centre.

im pretty sure most disabled unless cabbaged would take a job where they do f all and get £££. At same time im pretty sure they would rather sign on than work as a cleaner for nmw and get hb etc. and preach bout how they hard done to.

£10 says post will be removed - bets by pm

what odds do I get?

£10 says post will be removed - bets by pm

Dear, dear, dear .......

DLA is paid to those in work as well as unable for a start .......

Many disabled people cannot take the same sort of work as able bodied people. Most disabled people don't harp on about being hard done to either.

Joking aside (1-100 isn't worth a quid), reading between the lines, I can see what your points are, but you have a shockingly tactless way of putting them. :)

I'll lay you 1-2 ...... can't see a reason apart from to save his/her dignity it would be removed ..........

Archived