People on Benefits should have to give time to community

Has anyone thought about how you can justify somebody picking up litter on one side of the road, whilst a well paid member of streetforce does the otherside.

The Streetforce guy is contractually obliged to haul himself out of bed five days a week- thats why he is "well" paid. The benefits collecter over the other side can choose whether or not they want to turn up to get extra benefits.

I think that 'jobseekers' are allowed to spend some time on voluntary activities, these days.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

There was a time when even the sniff of doing something would get your benefit cancelled: "Not available for work"!

Jobseeker's can do as much voluntary work as they wish as long as it's for a none profit making organisation or charity. This, however, tends to rule out working in your brothers chip shop or being the managing director of Shell UK etc.

Jobseeker's can do as much voluntary work as they wish as long as it's for a none profit making organisation or charity. This, however, tends to rule out working in your brothers chip shop or being the managing director of Shell UK etc.

Whilst still actively seeking paid employment .......... mustn't forget that bit ........

People on benefits should have to give up some of their spare time to the benefit of the community. Examples of activities (lets not call it work and cause an outrage) they could do would be litter picking from green spaces, steward work at public events to give relief to the police (thats not 2 activities..). Upon completion of activity, a card is stamped and presented for benefits. No stamped cards = minimum benefits. Stamped cards = a bit more cash.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aggrees totally but i think manual labour would be appropriate.

Archived