People on Benefits should have to give time to community

Is picking up litter not beneficial to the community then?

Maybe it would be better if they were each given a pick handle or a baseball bat and sent out into the community with explicit instructions to beat the living s**t out of those stupid pieces of c**p out there who they see dropping litter & ciggy ends. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now that would be really socially useful and I would be the first to volunteer to help them and I wouldn't even bother to put in a claim for benefits. :bigsmile:

Many posts since I last looked, and some I think directed at me, but no 'quotes' so not sure.

No, Yellow pages I'm not on the dole (that's one). I never have been, and not because I'm highly educated or any sort of genius(although I'm good at Maths and Physics). But when I've left a job or been laid off, I've done whatever I could get. (the worst incidently was book making, and I mean walking round a long table and putting page after page on top of each other!:help: which encouraged me to find alternative employment within 2 weeks.:hihi:

What's the point in putting myself through the stress of job interviews when I know for a fact I'll be passed over in favour of someone who is able bodied, doesn't have aspergers, and doesn't need support to be able to do the job?! I wouldn't mind but I could do certain jobs standing on my flipping head! But because I have a disability they don't want to know! :rant::loopy:

Rich, you've totally misunderstood what I wrote.

Maybe it would be better if they were each given a pick handle or a baseball bat and sent out into the community with explicit instructions to beat the living s**t out of those stupid pieces of c**p out there who they see dropping litter & ciggy ends. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now that would be really socially useful and I would be the first to volunteer to help them and I wouldn't even bother to put in a claim for benefits. :bigsmile:

although i agree with the beating of people dropping litter, people should be allowed to drop cig ends as they have already paid tax for people to clean them up amongst other things, picking up cig ends could be one of the jobs for them to do.

Archived