Prison - Anyone been Inside?

Is it true what I heard about a huge barge being brought from Holland to hold all the imigrants to free space for criminals? If it`s true where will it be moored? The film Jonny English springs to mind where the french guy wants to turn Britain into a huge prison for criminals from all over the world cos it`s a island! If this was to happen (not) could I be rehoused somewhere warm and sunny LoL

I was in Doncaster prison for a year and a half, its cushty, I had my own TV and my pad was great. The only thing bad about prison is you dont have the freedom you once had, you cant nip out to the pub when you want. But you have an argos book where you can select and buy products. I worked in the kitchens and never lacked food or tobacco. Each month they have a cell inspection and you have a leaflit on the side showing you exactly how to have a clean cell (like where your toothbrush should be and your knife and fork, shoes ETC) and we spent hours on are cell and won a playstation2 for a monthand thats when the playstation2 was fairly new. Then i got shipped out north cave (bang next to hull) that was'nt as good, but it still had a pingpong table and a pool table. It was well good, but anyhow, half of you are gonna call me scum and what not but i was just answering to the thread. Oh yeah, and i came out with loads of money aswell WOO HOO! CRIMINAL JUSTICE!

=0)

Is it true what I heard about a huge barge being brought from Holland to hold all the imigrants to free space for criminals?

It's definitely under consideration - I don't know if a decision has yet been made.

It's cheaper than building more prisons, which the Govt. don't seem prepared to do.

Would you believe it costs £26,000 per year to keep one prisoner inside and there's 79,500 prisoners incarcerated as at 1.00pm this afternoon.

I make that £206 Million pounds year from the taxpayer to keep them all locked up!

Aint it disgusting, all that money wasted, they are better things to spend money on, like cancer treatments etc

Prison is far from cushty, its a terrible place to go. You lose your freedom, that is the main thing, and you are made to feel like a nobody.

Not everyone gets to have a TV in their cell, things like that have to be earned, its all about giving the prisoners an incentive to behave, and it works.

Prison is far from cushty, its a terrible place to go. You lose your freedom, that is the main thing, and you are made to feel like a nobody.

Not everyone gets to have a TV in their cell, things like that have to be earned, its all about giving the prisoners an incentive to behave, and it works.

i was in lindholme for 3 months when i was sentenced i was worried but after i got used to the regime (about a week) it was fairly easy i wouldn't ever want to go back there though being seperated from my family wasn't nice at all but i had my own pad tv's are available to rent which is taken out of your wages if you have a job or take education its not like porridge you dont defacate into a bucket each pad has a toilet and sink once a week you get a form to order toiletries, tobacco and things like that

the warders work on a mutual respect stance if you respect them they will show respect to you

Aint it disgusting, all that money wasted, they are better things to spend money on, like cancer treatments etc

Ok then, lets let all the criminals out of prison, close the prisons, make all the prison staff unemployed, and spend the money on cancer treatments instead, that sounds like a great plan ?