THE ARTS: Artists & Venues wanted, to take part in Pride Arts events in June!!!

Tyranna

Just briefly, Folks, I'm trying to get a mini-Arts Festival off the ground for June 2007 to coincide with Sheffield's first Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/TransgenderPride, which will be around the middle of JUNE 2007.

I would be grateful of interest from any arts venues or organisers who might be really interested in taking part. By and large, I would assume that a LGBT 'mini-arts Festival' would be something that many smaller venues would be able to accommodate in their plans for next June, as larger venues work upwards of a year ahead in booking shows. However, if any larger venues have anything pending around June which will fit into the LGBT theme, I would be most welcome if they contact me.

Just to let you know, I'm on the Committee for Sheffield Gay Pride 2007, which is organising fortnightly meetings as of next Monday, and we will be now planning the Pride events in earnest. Anyone from the Arts Community, or indeed of any other organisation interested in getting involved is welcome to PM me, so I can pass their details on to the Chair and rest of the Committee.

BTW, isn't it time that Sheffield Forum started an ARTS Category for topics re. Arts and Entertainments???:hihi:

I know of lots, but I need some pointers or contacts!

Thanks, Stackmonkey!

Poetry looks like just the thing, as I've done some poetry of my own at evenings such as at the Red Deer and 'Pirate Writers' at the Raynor Lounge last year. Another new venue which is having poetry/fringe music events is THE RED HOUSE on Solly Street.

Could you get back to me, Stackmonkey, with more details about the poets you know (by PM is fine, though I probably won't pick up the message until late Monday evening).:thumbsup:

BTW, just to be reciprocal, here's the link to a thread about setting up a seperate ARTS category in Sheffield Forum: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=162962

Needless to say, I stick my neck right out on this one, and say it will be of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE to set up a seperate ARTS Category ASAP!!!

Archived