80s Bars - Do any play bars play real 80's music?

Mini_Cooper

By this I mean stuff, other than Wham, Kylie Minogue. I am aware that these were popular at the time, but amongst schoolkids.

I'm interested in finding the places that play such as Joy Division, some House/Dance Music/Indie Music. In the 80's there were some great bands/music, but the current 80's bars seem to only play the kiddys stuff.

Any Info/ Where/Location of these venues?

By this I mean stuff, other than Wham, Kylie Minogue. I am aware that these were popular at the time, but amongst schoolkids.

I'm interested in finding the places that play such as Joy Division, some House/Dance Music/Indie Music. In the 80's there were some great bands/music, but the current 80's bars seem to only play the kiddys stuff.

Hi Mini - good point. 80s nights are always heavy on the cheese. There are nights where you'll hear some decent 80s stuff in the mix, e.g. Offbeat and Synthetic (both in the raynor lounge), Another Fine Mess (lescar), Wethouse (dulo) and of course Seven by 7.

I agree,everytime 80s themed night always play the same old crap, yes i like a bit of Duran, and Depeche mode brings back happy memories, but i dont think Ive ever heard any Joy Division anywhere, please tell me that Rick Astley was not definative artist of the 80s was he?

http://www.syntheticsheffield.co.uk/ (next one on Sat 9th December :D )

Playlist includes:

We will be playing a mix of contemporary electro and classic synth-pop hits (and the occasional miss!) from the past 25 years, from the likes of...

* Depeche Mode * Gary Numan * Ladytron * Human League * Fischerspooner * Goldfrapp * Kraftwerk * Hiem * Clor * Erasure * The Bravery * New Order * The Faint * Soft Cell * Air * Royksopp * Joy Division * LCD Soundsystem * Hot Chip * Miss Kittin * Cure * Adult. * Duran Duran * Le Tigre * Pet Shop Boys * St. Etienne * Magnetic Fields * Tiga and Zyntherius * OMD * The Modern * Associates * Stereolab * Tears for Fears * Cut Copy * Ultravox * Yazoo * A Flock of Seagulls * Postal Service * Devo * Bronski Beat * Blancmange * A-ha * Felix Da Housecat * Visage * Cabaret Voltaire *

and more…

• 3 weeks later...

Archived