Remember Waterhouses Relish

owdsmiffy

For old smiffy Can you rememberthe next streetthat ran off Duke St below the "Norfolk"picture palace was Road St The next one down was Long Henry St The next one down was Norwich st Berries the chemist was on one corner and Gallons was on the other It ran from Duke St to South St,Passing the top of Park Board School Remember I lived on Road St in 1928 Yea, I.m an old codger Cheers mate

Eileent

You could try the big stores Coles or Safeways in Sydney or Canberra or do what I did went to the store manager and ask them to get some. I have not seen it in Melbourne for a while. I still have the real thing Good luck Alan.

Eileent

You could try the big stores Coles or Safeways in Sydney or Canberra or do what I did went to the store manager and ask them to get some. I have not seen it in Melbourne for a while. I still have the real thing Good luck Alan.

Thanks.It's just that I am on my way to Lilydale tomorrow for a few weeks.I will keep my eyes open.

Reply to Milted,I lived on Fellbrig Rd.that's right at the top of Cherry Wood It's still there, went down there on Wed.looks pretty much the same to me except for a bit of upgrading.spent half my younger days down in the wood back in the 40's & 50's and playing on the tip bottom of Arbourthorne Rd. where a lot of the bombing rubble was tipped. Course the big estate was'nt there then,that was all farmland,and the church that used to be a pub was'nt there either.Is the cafe still there at the top of Norfolk Park?we alvays called that "The Pavillion"spent many a happy hour in there also. I left the area around 1960 when we moved to the Foxwood estate for a bigger house,hav'nt been back much since,till this week,lost contact with all the old pals altogether,sometimes wonder what they're all doing now, bet some are gone. Oh I,d better stop before I go off on one,must be havin' a senior moment.Regards to everybody, Owdsmiffy.

For owdsmiffy You bought back some old memories for me The tip at the back of the side entrance to Norfolk Park(never knew the name of the road) we used to camp there Some old sacks for a tent Of course,it was all open fields then Into the park around the tea rooms ( Pavilion ) Cherry wood ,the pond,the bandstand. Happy happy days Did you go to Manor Council School I think I am a bit before your time ole pal I'm 84 now Cheers mate

Hi.Milted yes,I'm just a lad at 65 (Well nearly)I went to Norfok school (or Craddock Rd as it was known then) we used to run over the tip & the fields between Arbourthorne Rd. & Northern Avenue to get to school.I'm not sure you're talking about the same tip though,did you mean the entrance that came out into the unmade part of St.Aidens Rd.? there was a tip there,it was mostly ashes and was almost always on fire in one place or another.Dangerous place to be !!!!!! Regards Owdsmiffy.

• 7 months later...

Archived