St. Paul's Bar, anyone been? good? prices?..

Blade1983

... walked through the Peace Gardens back to my car the other night cus I fancied seeing what the new square next to the winter gardens looked like at night!

It all looked Stunning!

Then I noticed the New St. Paul's Bar. Must say it looked pretty cool.

Was wondering if anyone had been in?

Is it any good?

Price of an average pint?

If you mean the bar in the hotel it's very nice and worth a look - but quite expensive. I think draughtwise there is Guinness or strong lager - both over £3/pint from memory. Maybe a keg bitter too, but no cask ale yet.

ye that's the one!

over £3 a pint!.... jesus! might get some cans from Offlicence and take them in! :hihi:

Its nice, although not that new. Been open a year.

O right!

that's one of the problems with that area at the moment. I live and work in Sheffield and have never seen it before.

It's really nice down there but they need to do something to attract people down there to drink.

O right!

that's one of the problems with that area at the moment. I live and work in Sheffield and have never seen it before.

It's really nice down there but they need to do something to attract people down there to drink.

!!!

I can only assume then you are blind!!

The McDonald hotel is big enough to be seen.

This is why Sheffield lags behind in my opinion.

People live here, work here, but aren't aware of things going on underneath their noses.

They go to work and then go home, which is why Sheff is like a ghost town in the evening and on Sundays.

I don't think they really want beer-swillers round there. Hotel bar - prices to deter riff-raff. Cafe Rouge - not really a bar and also it looks a bit stupid in that building. HaHa - nothing special and the beer's expensive.

Another cafe/bar is going in the unit at the back of Caffe Nero I think - the mural on the hoardings suggested some sort of cafe society deal anyway.

It's a great place to meet up for one before hitting the bars.

No, it's not cheap but you get what you pay for i.e. quality drinks and a nice atmosphere with no nobs!

The service could be a bit better though.

They also give you free nipbles and nuts to lick and put back on the tray ....

Archived