Goin down boro in 80's

algenon

Also setting off from a pub(forgot it's name) where pizza hut and the kentucky are now across from the dogs and then walking into town

Do you mean the Royal Hotel??

My friends mom and dad used to manage the Ball from about 1984-90, i was only 7 or 8 tho!!

Remember going in the Cambridge further down Penistone Road with my mom and dad, its not there anymore.

Didn't there used to be a chippy near the dog track too or am i just imagining things???

[quote name='shells2909']Do you mean the Royal Hotel??
My friends mom and dad used to manage the Ball from about 1984-90, i was only 7 or 8 tho!! 
Remember going in the Cambridge further down Penistone Road with my mom and dad, its not there anymore. 
Didn't there used to be a chippy near the dog track too or am i just imagining things???[/quote]

Yes thats the one Royal Hotel. Can remember a burger van but not a chippy. Most of the pubs on penistone road have gone now.

Also setting off from a pub(forgot it's name) where pizza hut and the kentucky are now across from the dogs and then walking into town going in every pub on penistone road Lancers, Barracks etc. by the time you got to town you were well on your way and then falling into Romeo's or Roxy.

There were a few down there on Penistone Road that are long gone now. There was the Vic (Whitbread House)(think it was called) which was opposite The Crown and a bit nearer the Wednesday gound, then The Sportsmans Group which was bang opposite Owlerton (Tetley) then at the bottom of Bradfield Road was The Royal - my mates mom used to run that til it closed and they moved to the Wellington on Shalesmoor (now The Cask)

Also remember The Rose House, Cambridge, Lancers, Old Light Horseman, further towards town but none are there now, mores the pity.

Archived