The NEW BLACK BULL, ECCLESFIELD

eric_the_man

Has anyone been into the NEW refurbished BLACK BULL in ecco yet,

We went there last night for the opening night and i must say, its been long over due to be refurbished but it does look good and from what i saw when some CHAVS came in, they are not welcome there at all. finally a place to go where rugrats arnt causing trouble or smoking dope. its a no smoking place aswell, in line with the new laws to be introduced early next year.

im told that very soon the kitchen will be up and running where you can get traditional home made food at reasonable prices (would like to know who the new chef is going to be though)

It also has a refurbished Function room for hire for all your parties.

So get booking there for a party with DJ and catering for all tastes

Thumbs up to you Roger and Claire, lets hope you can make a success of what once was the fullest pub in ecco until its demise in the past two years.

A new look, new staff and hopefully a new future :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Martine and Shelly

Well I called in there tonight before I started DJing at the Stocks.

My review:

Looks absolutely brilliant, as with any venue getting a refurbishment on this scale, there will always be teething problems, however over time these I'm sure will be sorted out.

First Impression for me:

Was a WOW this looks good, the old pool room knocked into the very old staff quaters (which used to be to the left of the old bar) the lounge still look familiar although it is all open plan (if you know it you will know what i mean) very highly decorated to a standard expected in a more upmarket area, the venue is No Smoking, which I suspect will put a few people off, but it is going to be the law soon, and this venue has taken that into consideration by providing outside undercover smoking area.

Tonight! I witnessed meals being served and this was close to 8.00pm so that must be a good sign, as the area generally does not get busy till later, myself personally have mixed feelings how this establishment will fit in, by this I mean no malice, but wonder with all the other surrounding food venues, then this will have to pull something off special to take the market.

I say to anyone reading this, give it a go, it is very highly decorated and attractive inside, giving a type of upmarket town centre feel to it, serving meals, also a must for all you non smokers out there.

final Thought!

Good Luck to The Black Bull it was a pleasure for me to create some fantastic times in there which also led me to working in the surrounding venue's, this venue will always hold a special place in my heart as I built up from nothing to a brilliant Sunday Entertainment Venue resulting in meeting and getting friendly with some fantastic people from Ecclesfield and the surrounding area's.

I can visualise this new look venue Re-generating the square, which will compliment both The Stocks and The White Bear and hopefully bring this part of Ecclesfield Back Into The Domain.

Roger & Clair! good luck to the pair of you, and your team of staff, I use the term of team, as you will already know, working together as a team will always produce results that is both satisfying to you and your Staff Team Members.

Hi BOOSH,

Yes it is the one opposite the church

And now it has been refurbushed to such a high standard, it IS the perfect place for a wedding reception or even a few drinks before a wedding.

We went round the square last night and from what we saw and i know it's early days, the average age of people down there was about 38 + so definatly NO chavs,

As i say, its early days but maybe the square can get back to something like it was a few years ago with loads of people going out for a quiet drink and enjoying themselves in a nice enviroment.

But dont take mine or Bruno's word for it, go and have a look for yourself.

Martine and Shelly

Hi BOOSH,

Yes it is the one opposite the church

And now it has been refurbushed to such a high standard, it IS the perfect place for a wedding reception or even a few drinks before a wedding.

We went round the square last night and from what we saw and i know it's early days, the average age of people down there was about 38 + so definatly NO chavs,

As i say, its early days but maybe the square can get back to something like it was a few years ago with loads of people going out for a quiet drink and enjoying themselves in a nice enviroment.

But dont take mine or Bruno's word for it, go and have a look for yourself.

Martine and Shelly

Hi I agree it is a amazing transformation and well worth the trip

Archived