Myrtle Springs - History

Al_Mac_Sheff

Hi,

Can anyone help with my query about the above school?

I am wanting to know rough dates in the history of this school but am struggling to find it.

I need to know when the school first opened as Hurlfield Secondary Modern - All Boys, When it changed to Hurlfield - Mixed Ccomprehensive and then When it changed to Myrtle Springs.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!:help:

Hi,

I am wanting to know rough dates in the history of this school but am struggling to find it.

I need to know when the school first opened as Hurlfield Secondary Modern - All Boys, When it changed to Hurlfield - Mixed Ccomprehensive and then When it changed to Myrtle Springs.

I went to the Hurlfield boys school 1958-1960 and we played football next to the girls school as our field wasnt finished,

You're right, it was 1988.. It was the year I moved up from Prince Edward..

I thought it was 88 too. I moved to Myrtle Springs in 89 from Prince Edward. I loved that school, Prince Edward i mean, not Myrtle :gag:

Mr Docherty was brilliant, if not a bit orange!!:hihi:

Hi,

Hi Al,

Up to 1952 and perhaps a little beyond that time the whole site was just football & rugby pitches etc.. with two wooden changing huts,(boys & girls)

It was the playing fields for, among others, the City Grammar School, which at that time was on Leopold Street in the city centre. We were bussed up and alighted at a spot near The Punch Bowl.

Archived