Bobby Knutt

................the 'Price of Coal' one of (in my opinion) best dramas ever screened. There was a follow up the week after if memory serves me well! The other drama that I remember as being excellant was a play called 'Oy vey Maria' all in the 70's

• 1 month later...

I knew him when I was a kid. He and Donna were the best friends of my best friends parents (sorry thats a bit 'my cat peed up your alley'!). At the time I had no idea he had any kind of fame (even my mate didnt boast of it!). He used to give us stick as we were typical teenagers. I dunno how they knew each other but my mates mum was a former body builder so I figure through Donna. Donna's fags in fact were the ones that got me hooked. My mate had a little cupboard in the kitchen his parents left mini Mars bars and sweets in. For some mad reason the B&H Gold Donna would leave behind would always end up in there - and we would of course lift a few. I think Bobby was in an MGB owners club with said mates dad too. Probably 2000 since I saw him though

Some very harsh comments, re a once popular local celeb, yes his act may now be dated but so are the long forgotten, Hale and Pace, Cannon and Ball, Jimmy Tarbuck etc. People your living in the past. Like many of us Bobby has aged, he has been there and done it. Maybe some of the comments here are the subject of envy, as we have not nor were we capable of being in the business.

• 2 months later...

My dad used to work with Bobby writing music which Mr Knutt knicked and I went to school with Knutt jnr, Simon at Jordanthorpe. He was a really top lad and when I passed my driving test in 6th form I gave him a lift home and got lost after i dropped him off. Wonder what Simon's doing now - at school he wanted to be a comedian?

• 4 months later...

Just read his book, and thought it was fantastic. Probably cos I can relate to his life on the clubs (only I never made it - lol). I read a lot about people who say he's ignorant and stand offish, and even my own wife and daughter said he didn't react much when she got him to sign the book for me. My opinion is that he's a great bloke and i's love to have a pint of Stones's wi 'im an a proper chat about life on't clubs and growin' up in sheff...

i like to aim high y'know

Mikey x

Just read his book, and thought it was fantastic. Probably cos I can relate to his life on the clubs (only I never made it - lol). I read a lot about people who say he's ignorant and stand offish, and even my own wife and daughter said he didn't react much when she got him to sign the book for me. My opinion is that he's a great bloke and i's love to have a pint of Stones's wi 'im an a proper chat about life on't clubs and growin' up in sheff...

i like to aim high y'know

Mikey x

Pint of Stones, don't think so. We went to see him in Jersey a good few years ago. I offered to buy him a drink, It was a double rum & pep. Last time we saw him was at the Rotherham Civic in a talk show. Very interesting and talked about his past. He said it was never his way to swear and tell dirty jokes!!!!!!! :D