Bobby Knutt

I have just finished the 'first part' of his autobiography, I couldn't put it down. I was amazed how many names cropped up of local people I knew! Teachers, solicitors, people I went to school with. I think my favourite bits were his season on Isle of Man, ( saw him there) and the account of his vasectomy, I felled about laughing! Good on you Bobby, when is the next book out?

I have just finished the 'first part' of his autobiography, I couldn't put it down. I was amazed how many names cropped up of local people I knew! Teachers, solicitors, people I went to school with. I think my favourite bits were his season on Isle of Man, ( saw him there) and the account of his vasectomy, I felled about laughing! Good on you Bobby, when is the next book out?

did he once live in eckington?????????????

I just replied to Mojo thinking he was right.. come on guys.. is it or isn't it Bobby ? It does sound like him to me.

it is indeed knutty,after brian glover died,the tetley tea men were retired,they have recently been brought back with bobby knutt doing the voice over

Remember him in Corrie-I think he owned the garage that Kevin subsequently bought. Also in The Price of Coal he was in a pit accident and was recognised by his red socks.

it was a young colleague who was recognised by the socks,the lad was called steve oakes,by all accounts,he was named after a lad he met while visiting his mate (club singer barry morley) on the parson cross estate,

does anyone knoe if the film is still in existence?

Yes Banksia, your Brother in Law played in a band, it was the Conways..Bobby Knut (then known as Bob Andrews) fronted the Whirlwinds..Before that at 16 years old I gave him his first job with the group that I ran (impersonating Freddy and the Dreamers) We were called "Bob Andrews and the Questors"...I had Bobs phone number so a couple of years ago I gave him a social type phonecall...He must have been in a bad mood or something because he wasn't very pleasant to talk to, and I've not bothered to talk to him since...His real name is "Robert Andrew Wass" from off Deerlands Avenue, Parsons Cross.

wasn,t barry mullen(morley) in the conways????

Few years ago I went to see 7 dwarfs at the Crusible one of the dwarfs died of a heart attack the very next day.

my best mate drunk himself to death back in the mid 90s, he did the 7 dwarfs every year at the crucible with marti caine