Bobby Knutt

Hi Hetty

Seems our paths cross once again. I remember Bobby from school. If I remember rightly he used to live round Parliament street and Summerfield Street. Can't bring the actual street to mind but it was round there. I read his book a while ago and there were a lot of names that I remember from school. The names and the tricks he got up to sent me on a long trip down memory lane. The last time I saw him was in Sherbert plus on West Street in the late eighties. He accused me of getting him into trouble for spilling green ink down his tie while we were at school although I can't bring the particular incident to mind.

i used to work at a butchers in chapeltown and he used to come in there wouldnt queue just expected to be served so arrogant he now lives at elsecar

yes (jess). i remember him coming in to the butchers on the corner of west street, there was a queue but he went straight to the front .never liked him after that. ..

• 2 weeks later...
was speaking to bobby knutt about 2 years ago he had taken his wife donna hartley to the dentists in woodhouse.there was an article in sheffield star newspaper recently and it said bobby was the voice of GAFFER in the tetley tea ads

...yes he was the voice of Gaffer in the Tetley Tea ads , replacing Bryan Glover.

Hi,

For anyone that does'nt know, a comediands life is very easy, he/she turns up with their clothes, borrows a mic, does their act and goes home, no P.A to set up, no sound check and they are always the first act to leave a venue. If you want fame at an easy price be a comedian.

Sue B

Hi,

For anyone that does'nt know, a comediands life is very easy, he/she turns up with their clothes, borrows a mic, does their act and goes home, no P.A to set up, no sound check and they are always the first act to leave a venue. If you want fame at an easy price be a comedian.

Sue B

...so how come it is always labelled as the hardest job in the world !?????:huh: