Bobby Knutt

Originally posted by deano

Brian glover died some time ago,it is indeed bobby knutts voice in the tetlley tea ad,he took over from brian.

I just replied to Mojo thinking he was right.. come on guys.. is it or isn't it Bobby ? It does sound like him to me.

I did see Bobby in "Heartbeat" some years ago now I think about it. Although I enjoyed his act it was difficult to take it too far away from Sheffield as in other parts of the country no one would understand him.

I once saw him at The Grosvenor along with Hale & Pace (when they were funny) at an advertising agency's Christmas bash in the 80s. He was way funnier than H&P.

I was on the dance floor later in the evening and a young lass (in a group of other young advertising bods) was talking to me and my missus and Knutty came and stood between us telling me, in no uncertain terms, that she was with him!! He was a well built fella with hands like buckets so I didn't argue, big as I am.. he wasn't joking I'll tell you.

Happy days.

Originally posted by Wavey

I was on the dance floor later in the evening and a young lass (in a group of other young advertising bods) was talking to me and my missus and Knutty came and stood between us telling me, in no uncertain terms, that she was with him!!

That was probably Donna Hartley who won the 400m gold medal at the 1978 Olympics in Canada. They later married and she became a body builder, which was a shame, and worked out at a dance studio in Broomhill for a while.

IMO, she was the best thing about B Knutt.

Without wanting to cause any problems with Mr Knutt.. it most certainly wasn't Donna Hartley (**cough** if you know what I mean). I think he was dancing with her to be honest, but he didn't like the thought that I was moving in on her ( even though I was with my wife at the time).

Originally posted by deano

100% sure its bobby knutt.

Can you supply proof of that? I've tried for 2 days to find anything on the net without success. There's plenty of stuff about Brian Glover, but not a word linking Bobby Knutt with the Tetley's Tea ads.

I'm not saying it's not true, I'd just like to see it in black & white (or colour).

Originally posted by tara

Lives at Deepcar now so im told.

So he's still in the Sheffield area, is he still doing his act ?

My brother in law played in a band, think it was the Whirlwinds and Bobby was involved with them too. Of course this was way back in the early sixties before he "took off" as a comedian.

What do you recall Timbuck ?

Yes Banksia, your Brother in Law played in a band, it was the Conways..Bobby Knut (then known as Bob Andrews) fronted the Whirlwinds..Before that at 16 years old I gave him his first job with the group that I ran (impersonating Freddy and the Dreamers) We were called "Bob Andrews and the Questors"...I had Bobs phone number so a couple of years ago I gave him a social type phonecall...He must have been in a bad mood or something because he wasn't very pleasant to talk to, and I've not bothered to talk to him since...His real name is "Robert Andrew Wass" from off Deerlands Avenue, Parsons Cross.