How many Clarkes are still in Sheffield

flyer

Hi Pigeon, My Uncle Tom's son was Tom, as well. Do you have an Aunties called Gladys & Betty. I wish I could remember the name of the street Uncle Tom lived on. Just thought was your Grandmother called Charlotte (Lottie for short). We could continue this on the Grimesthorpe Thread.

cleveland street I was born there then up to moss st then birdwell road gran died there a long time ago...

Hi Pigeon, I'm sorry to hear about Betty, I must ask my mum if she knows. It must be about three or four years since I spoke to your dad, we bumped into him at Wentworth nurseries. I was recently looking at a photo of your Grandad, Uncle Henry and my dad (Uncle Len). Give your dad my regards.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Pigeon, I'm sorry to hear about Betty, I must ask my mum if she knows. It must be about three or four years since I spoke to your dad, we bumped into him at Wentworth nurseries. I was recently looking at a photo of your Grandad, Uncle Henry and my dad (Uncle Len). Give your dad my regards.

auntie Lottie does know mum told her and brian he went to the funeral mum thinks you are irene???? last saw you at st pats your mums 80th...

Hi Pigeon, that's right I'm Irene. When I asked mum she said she didn't know,but her memory is going a bit, unfortunately, if I ask her again she may say yes she did know, that is how it is. Unfortunately Brian has now gone too, mum is the last of her generation, that is why I'm asking questions, about the family, your Grandad may have talked about his dad to his family (do you know what I mean). My dad never knew his dad, but possibly Uncle Tom talked about him to your dad. I've talked to Evelyn and she loaned me her wedding photos, they had grandma Clarke on., and my mum has got a picture of my grandad Clarke, my sister's boy looks a lot like him. Give my regards to your mum & dad.

Hi Pigeon, that's right I'm Irene. When I asked mum she said she didn't know,but her memory is going a bit, unfortunately, if I ask her again she may say yes she did know, that is how it is. Unfortunately Brian has now gone too, mum is the last of her generation, that is why I'm asking questions, about the family, your Grandad may have talked about his dad to his family (do you know what I mean). My dad never knew his dad, but possibly Uncle Tom talked about him to your dad. I've talked to Evelyn and she loaned me her wedding photos, they had grandma Clarke on., and my mum has got a picture of my grandad Clarke, my sister's boy looks a lot like him. Give my regards to your mum & dad.
will give reguards and will see what I can do about the family history >> watch this space

Archived