• 14 - 17k
    • 18 - 21k
    • 22 - 25k
    • 26 - 29k
    • 30 - 35k
    • 36 - 40k
    • 41 - 50k
    • 50k plus per year

Just curious. because House Prices are shooting up, and I wonder if people really are earning loads (loads more than me) because I must admit if I was on the 1st rung of the housing ladder today, I simply couldn't get on.

And (In Meadowhall car park especially) there seem to be lots of new flash cars around.

What do you earn?

Meadowhall attracts money so there will always be flash motors there. I must admit though if I was a visitor to Sheffield I think I too would think Sheffield was pretty affluent as there are some tasty vehicles around.

Going boozing around DEvonshire Quarter (Vodka Revolution) would make you think sheffield was affluent too.

When I was 18, that was quite an area that was cheap for a night out

From the figures in the poll it gives an average income of nearly 27000, which is clearly not the case.

This is because a few high earners distort the average.

When the economists decide their figures they take into account 'average earnings', which the vast majority have no chance of attaining.

What is needed in the economic world, is not monetarism, it is realism.

How do I account for the fact that I pay out a large amount in dividends which is much better for tax, plus I pay my wife a wage which I therefore don't have to pay NI on, and she also gets the tax breaks on the dividends that I pay her from my company?

Plus I fiddle my mileage expenses to draw out a good few hundred extra tax free a month.

I couldn't possibly work out what the equivalent salaried wage is.

What's your opinion on this artisan? How can I work out what I earn?

How do I account for the fact that I pay out a large amount in dividends which is much better for tax, plus I pay my wife a wage which I therefore don't have to pay NI on, and she also gets the tax breaks on the dividends that I pay her from my company?

Plus I fiddle my mileage expenses to draw out a good few hundred extra tax free a month.

I couldn't possibly work out what the equivalent salaried wage is.

What's your opinion on this artisan? How can I work out what I earn?

God knows, just dont get caught, or your feet wont touch once the taxman gets a sniff.

18 - 21k seems to be an average wage, according to the poll.

20k x 3.5 = £65000.

any houses going for that price anywhere?

Some on Arbouthorne & Wybourn but nothing worth buying for that money in my opinion, the house prices now in Sheffield though are ridiculous, way above what the average person earns, I think best option is to rent until negative equity happens again.

There is advantages to buying but as many disadvantages to not buying as well especially at present.

Archived