Culinary chaos at the Devonshire Cat

jay20fh

I went there for lunch with workmates a few weeks ago. I had the red pepper risotto. It was appalling.

The waitress refunded me my money without me even asking. She took one look at my hardly touched meal and said, "I'll get you your money back."

I think that says enough about the food in the Dev Cat that their own staff don't believe it is worth paying for!

I'm not sure that the OP noticed that there is a specials board with a wider choice than just the basics on the printed menu. That said I generally enjoy the burgers which at least seem to be made and taste of beef which is more than can be said for McDonalds (IMO). I've not had the blue cheese one though.

However it comes down to it if you are unhappy with servive in any pub, complain to the duty manager, at least you will have half a chance of ffinding someone who cares about the pub and how it is perceived by its customers.

The Dev Cat isn't perfect, but the range of beers and and (usually) good pub food put it amoungst my favorites.

Archived