Salsa at Forum

Lianndi

Guest Mr. Teatime

I'm going this week (tonight), though I don't think it's been that good recently.

EDIT: in case anyone's interested in knowing who I am I'm short (5'7), longish brown hair, in stripey t shirt and dark tracksuit bottoms.... no flower in hair.

Originally posted by Mr. Teatime

I'm going this week (tonight), though I don't think it's been that good recently.

EDIT: in case anyone's interested in knowing who I am I'm short (5'7), longish brown hair, in stripey t shirt and dark tracksuit bottoms.... no flower in hair.

Sorry I couldn't make it Lianndi hope you had fun!

Mr Teatime - Did you have a good time last night?

Were you there last week and asked me to dance? I was stood at the bar, because he matched your description.

Nope I didn't, it was lame!

This class is taking the fun out of salsa-ing. All this counting, the huge classes where u can't see anything unless you push your way to the front, and the predatory males....takes the fun out of a dance that is supposed to be spontaneous and sexy!

Will give it a rest for a little while :-)

noticed martin again i believe...

Guest Mr. Teatime
Originally posted by Fireondaroof

Mr Teatime - Did you have a good time last night?

Were you there last week and asked me to dance? I was stood at the bar, because he matched your description.

It was OK, but like I said I don't find it as fun as I used to. There's a difference salsa night on thursdays on eccleshall road that I might start going along to instead or as well as.

I probably asked you to dance fireondaroof, what do you look like?

Hiya Folks...

Is this still going on then? Are they proper classes? Do you need to 'bring a partner'?

Can anyone tell me about the other options for salsa nights in Sheff?

Is it ok to be 'uncoupled' at them? I dont know anyone in Sheffield who would come with me.....

Originally posted by Lianndi

Nope I didn't, it was lame!

This class is taking the fun out of salsa-ing. All this counting, the huge classes where u can't see anything unless you push your way to the front, and the predatory males....takes the fun out of a dance that is supposed to be spontaneous and sexy!

Will give it a rest for a little while :-)

noticed martin again i believe...

I was looking out for someone with a flower in their hair and still no joy so you're going to have to come up and intro' yourself :P

As for the predatory guys... well Jamie can't help it... heh... Joke! :D but seriously, most of the guys there are generally pretty cool, you get the odd idiot everywhere but they're easily spotted and avoided it you're blunt ;)

Anyways, the thing about the classes is that that's the purpose of the evening until about 10 or so.. t'is a class after all.. not the best venue but I know Jamie can give a few tips on alternative venues and nights... If you're just there to dance then the 10:30 and after slot is definitely for you...

Ah well... I'll be there as usual this week so life goes on :)

• 9 months later...

Hiya,

I used to go to salsa classes on a Monday night and ventured into the Forum for the social dancing once. It's good, but it gets very crowded.

It is friendly though, and people do swap partners. Are you thinking of going?

Archived