Old Spice Aftershave

Now the memories come back ........ my dearly departed Dad always used Old Spice, and he taught me at the tender age of 8 (he died when I was 9) to whip up a proper shaving froth, with a proper brush (none of yer cans of foam in 1982) .......

I know it was never fashionable in my growing up days, but that smell will always be my Dad ........ and yes, I do love how it smells!

Going to buy some tomorrow!

Smells are the best for bringing back memories happyhippy :)

My dad used use a shaving brush too (I think the 'best' ones were made from badger hair?) :shocked:

......anyway, the brush, soap cup and shaving routine always ended up with him leaving the house with bits of toilet paper stuck to the hasty shaving cuts to stem the bleeding:D

• 3 years later...
Imperial Leather ! Snap. :hihi:

My grandad used to use this a lot too. It's always soap with a flannel. Most people uses shower gel these days. My cousin got told off, when compared with her bf by my auntie. Cos shower gel are more wasteful than soaps. Maybe women tend to use shower gel more cos it's cleaner than a bar of soaps. Can't believe her bf still uses soap like 'the olden days'... :hihi:

I can't understand why so many of you uses the same thing. It's kinda ironic that.

Cousins imperial leather after shave was like paint stripper.

Archived