Marco at Milano restaurant

dwhembro

But did you check out the section on north east/midlands food in that guide they gave away.

It didn't get a mention. Nor did any restaurants in Sheffield. Thyme's been listed in top 50 in UK before now, so I would have thought that it at least would deserve a listing as well as Milano

Nice restaurant in the medium to high price range (£75 3 course for two). Service was a bit overly attentive last time I went, and it is definitely busy - not always condusive to an intimate meal -but as long as you book a week or so in advance you should be OK.

Far superior to Blue Room brasserie nearby.

• 2 years later...

:) Went to marco milano on archer road the other night to celebrate friends birthdays.

It was superb beautiful food, lovely surroundings and competent staff.

Down side...expensive, but they do say you get what you pay for!

So, if you want to treat yourself and celebrate a special occasion with style go there! :thumbsup:

We had a lovely meal there just after Christmas, it was busy but everything was spot on. The owner has bought a few things from us and you can tell that he has a real eye for detail and cares about what goes on in his restaurant. The other one that has a similar approach is from Rafters at Nether Green, we had a very good meal there recently, great value we thought.

voice of dissent here,

me and my fella went there a few months ago. and it was Alpha and Omega time (first and last :hihi:)

pricey, sure, and the premises definitely look "swish", but I didn't think the food was any great-shakes, at all.

Asked for a slight alteration to the meal we were trying to order, and they would not substitute an ingredient. (not a difficult thing to do, IMO, )

whatever happened to "the customer is always right"?

they won't be getting our custom again, I'm afraid. I thought they were rubbish. (also, another minus was that the access to the narrow corridor that led to the disabled loo was blocked by a sideboard, so was hardly passable by someone ambulant, let alone someone with a mobility prob/ wheelchair user)

PT

Archived