Marco at Milano restaurant

dwhembro

Mrs B and I have been twice, in the first year after it opened. The first time, the food was good, but the service was condescending and verging on rude. We went again to see if we'd been unlucky; we hadn't - exactly the same.

If it's under new management since then, I might go back; otherwise, go to Artisan in Crosspool - that's how to run a restaurant.

Mrs B and I have been twice, in the first year after it opened. The first time, the food was good, but the service was condescending and verging on rude. We went again to see if we'd been unlucky; we hadn't - exactly the same.

If it's under new management since then, I might go back; otherwise, go to Artisan in Crosspool - that's how to run a restaurant.

Interesting you should say that - I thought Artisans was great the first time we went but the second time the service was terrible. We waited 45mins for the table which we had booked, so I had to go and say that we were starving, and eventually we were seated in the corner under the stairs where you go up to Catch, and it sounded like a herd of elephants stomping over our heads every 5mins... then we were continuously ignored all meal, received cold food and only got the jug of water we asked for at the beginning once we were ready to leave! Not sure if we will go back again which is a shame because we had a nice meal the first time.

On the other hand, we had lovely service both times we have been to Marco's...

• 2 weeks later...
u shud try Rossi's on london road...fantastic food and service :D its got 2 b the best restaurant in sheffield by a long way. atmsophere is gr8, food is amazing, staff friendly, not 2 expensive either wich is the iceing on the cake!!!

Marco's is in a different league. Rossi's is an average, dated restaurant in need of new ideas and a new menu. Went there a couple of weeks ago, decidedly mediocre.

Is there some reason that Davidcharles and lol56 are "bigging up" Rossi's and Azzuro on multiple threads? Both have very few posts? Seems very fishy to me. Either of you have any connection with the aforementioned places?

Haha I thought that! :hihi: But anyway I really like both those places, good service and nice food.

I really miss going to Viva Latino's on London rd, anyone ever go there? It closed last year :( Had such a great atmosphere.

Is there some reason that Davidcharles and lol56 are "bigging up" Rossi's and Azzuro on multiple threads? Both have very few posts? Seems very fishy to me. Either of you have any connection with the aforementioned places?

No - they work at the Dam House for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordfish1 View Post

Yes this does seem strange seen as Rossis and Azzuri are owned by the same person.

P.S.

How do you get your quote in a box ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordfish1 View Post

Is there some reason that Davidcharles and lol56 are "bigging up" Rossi's and Azzuro on multiple threads?

They are sock puppets doing a bit of astroturfing... and we've sorted it. If you see it again please use the 'report post' link.

How do you get your quote in a box ?
On the post that you want to quote there is a'quote' button. Click it! :)

Archived