The old houses off Penistone rd

Rachylou

hi retep

I knew Mousey but not seen him for years.

I do not understand your message fully, can you explain?

I know the Fieldhouse family was quite large and so they lived in several places-

PopT

hi retep

I know the Fieldhouse family was quite large and so they lived in several places-

PopT

Mousey would be more Old Tup on here's age.

hi retep

PopT

which one do you mean pop? I know gordon and stuart have passed away.

" Mousey" Old Tup will.

Oh ar I remember "Mousey" Keith Fieldhouse he was in the year above me at Hillfoot School!.He was a bit of a lad in those days but I always liked him,he was a bit rough but not a bully like a few of his classmates!.I remember once him having a feight ont watur side with a lad with a glass eye I think they called him Ian Plant,anyrood up we had to wait while he extracted his glass eye and put it in his pocket! They squared up and Mousey knocked him out with one punch a reat disappointment what an anti climax after all that buggering about!.I have only seen him once since schooldays in the 80s in the Queens Hotel Mosborough,he still looked the same not a day older!.:hihi::hihi::cool:

keith was not one of the brothers their names were Donald Gordon douglas ian stuart and angus I did not know stuart had passed on but Donald the eldest passed away last year and was taken to grenoside on the back of a skip lorry which was published in the star

Oh ar I remember "Mousey" Keith Fieldhouse he was in the year above me at Hillfoot School!.He was a bit of a lad in those days but I always liked him,he was a bit rough but not a bully like a few of his classmates!.I remember once him having a feight ont watur side with a lad with a glass eye I think they called him Ian Plant,anyrood up we had to wait while he extracted his glass eye and put it in his pocket! They squared up and Mousey knocked him out with one punch a reat disappointment what an anti climax after all that buggering about!.I have only seen him once since schooldays in the 80s in the Queens Hotel Mosborough,he still looked the same not a day older!.:hihi::hihi::cool:

Mouse was a cousin of the hobson fieldhouses,he lived very near though.I think its strange how your memory works,I can see mouse now with his son in the farfield.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone remember the Harrison brothers Fred, John & Alan.

They lived on the front row of houses facing Hillsborough Park on Penistone Road between Dutton Road and Beulah Road.

I haven't seen any of them since I moved out and often wondered how their lives turned out.

They were gifted artists.

Has anyone come across any of them?

Happy Days! PopT