Old Fire Station Bar, Division Street

Andy C

apparently some trendy types from Lahndahn (the proprierters of the lock tavern in camden) heard the arctic monkeys album and were shocked to realise that indie bands didn't just come from camden and shorditch. they read in the n.m.e. that sheffo was THE in place to be and therefore decided to invest in a new bar here (the significantly cheaper property/ rents here probably also helped). :hihi:

to be fair it should be a pretty cool boozer, better than most of the chav house bars in town, we'll have to wait and see...

If that's the case, bring it on! Another good reason to live in Sheffield!

Lived in Lahndahn for a while, and 'The Lock' and 'Keston Lodge' (another pub they owned) were wicked places to hang out and listen to some decent music. They tend to attract the kool indie kids/art students (!).

A bit like The Grapes meets Muse... (the pubs not the bands)

Just need Vibe magazine who own 'Old Blue Last' down Old St in Lahndahn to buy a pub up here - which is more of a dirty boozer kinda place.

Though The Cremorne is doing a pretty good job so far.

I think they also own the Defector's Weld in Shepherd's Bush and by doing so thankfully rescued what was a crappy Edwards and turned it in to one of the best boozers in West london. only drawback is its proximity to the BBC and the tw@ people that infest the area.

I think they also own the Defector's Weld in Shepherd's Bush and by doing so thankfully rescued what was a crappy Edwards and turned it in to one of the best boozers in West london. only drawback is its proximity to the BBC and the tw@ people that infest the area.

LOL - they rescued an Edwards in Sheppards Bush and now a Bar code in Sheffield....anyone else think this company could be an off-shoot of Micthell's and Butlers?

What have Chavs and house music got to do with each other?

i'm a fan of quality house and dance music.

chav house is just a term me and my mates tend to use for the mass produced 4 on the floor ****e that can mostly be heard blaring out of your local yate's and edward's style chain pubs of a weekend. (also known as scouse house by some... the cheesier stuff played at the now defunct cream).

LOL - they rescued an Edwards in Sheppards Bush and now a Bar code in Sheffield....anyone else think this company could be an off-shoot of Micthell's and Butlers?

i agree, there is a pub in oxford that has recently been rebranded in a similar way. i ve been to the lock tav and its a top boozer with a cool vibe and reputation. it does concern me with the rate of expansion that a pub company is more than likely behind all of this. what started out as a decent concept could become the next watered down alcohol retailing trend... think 70's bars, 80's bars, fake irish bars, need i go on.:gag:

Archived