Fitness First Halifax Road

blade77

Cheers go4it, I am going for it.

Just come home from work and recieved another pleasant letter throught the door from the debt collection agency.

WE WILL BE CALLING AT YOUR HOME PREMISES BETWEEN 8am AND 8pm ON THURSDAY

blah blah blah.

Slightly odd as the last time I spoke to them I told them to take me to court!

Are they really going to send someone from Basingstoke to Sheffield to collect a debt? Do they think people are thick!

This letter was headed C.A.R.S, last time they sent a letter from a company called CourtLink (UK) Ltd. It was on the same headed paper, fonts, colours and even signed by the same person. It read something like, C.A.R.S have passed your details onto our company, etc etc. Amazing.

Stuart

Very gutted that I fell for the no joining fee advert. If I had been told about the start-up fee of £65 when I didn't have my gym stuff and therefore not in a training frame of mind, I don't think I would of signed up.

In order to highlight the actual "No Joining Fee", so other people don't end up in the same situation, I have just registered http://www.nojoiningfee.co.uk. This weekend I will publish all the various letters that have gone back and forth.

All I wanted was for them to address my complaints in a professional manner.

Stuart

I'm amazed at this story ..... really has put me off FF .....

I once cancelled a membership at Esporta ..... I had about 6 months of the year left and was paying £40/month (I think .... might have been £50).

Other than one letter saying my contract says I have to pay the whole wack - which I replied to saying 'well I'm not gonna' - I heard nothing more ..... obviously, Esporta are a classier outfit!!!!

Its amazing me too.

I am in the situation today, where I have now got to leave work early just in case the debt collection agencies "Field Agent" does actually come (I think the James Bond fever has gone to their head).

My wife works 5 mins from my house and I work a good hours drive away. I need to be at home, as I don't want the "Field Agent" to upset her. The constant phone calls have upset her enough already.

I have the video camera charged and with a new battery in case of any nasty stuff. Expect a streaming video nasty on http://www.nojoiningfee.co.uk

January is historically the busy time for gyms, with new year resolutions and all that. If I was looking for a gym, I would really think twice about FF.

Stuart

Archived