Fitness First Halifax Road

blade77

I drove past there this morning ... it had a new sign outside ..... free membership day or something ..... looked pretty naff .....

As for the debt collectors ...... they can not enter your house without permission (especially if there is no one in) as far as I remember ...... they can not take anything more than what they are owned ....... and if you have a legal challenge to their claim, make sure you have all the paper work available to show the police if/when you need to call them - if you don't have the evidence to show the police they will calm things down but simply advise you to pay up ...... if they see the legal challenge paper work, then they are obliged to act according to the law ....... ALL afair of course ....

Just recieved this e-mail from FD Consumer Dynamics, sent via David Walsh of the Sheffield Star. FD Consumer Dynamics handle the PR for Fitness First!

Hi David

With regard to <removed> case, I’m pleased to confirm that, due to the confusion that appears to have arisen, Fitness First is happy to waive any further fees and close this account so Mr <removed> will not receive any further contact with the collection agency.

We are looking into the ASA issue you mentioned and will respond on this point as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Bree Sims

On behalf of Fitness First

And I was so looking forward to meeting the 'Mitchell bruvers' tonight.

I am pleased this is finally resolved, it would of been nice to have been sorted a long time ago. Regardless of who is involved, the underlying complaints have never changed.

Not actually heard anything directly from Fitness First or FD Consumer Dynamics!

Off now for a calorie packed celebration meal.

Stuart

http://www.nojoiningfee.co.uk

Just recieved this e-mail from FD Consumer Dynamics, sent via David Walsh of the Sheffield Star. FD Consumer Dynamics handle the PR for Fitness First!

Hi David

With regard to <removed>case, I’m pleased to confirm that, due to the confusion that appears to have arisen, Fitness First is happy to waive any further fees and close this account so Mr <removed> will not receive any further contact with the collection agency.

We are looking into the ASA issue you mentioned and will respond on this point as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Bree Sims

On behalf of Fitness First

And I was so looking forward to meeting the 'Mitchell bruvers' tonight.

I am pleased this is finally resolved, it would of been nice to have been sorted a long time ago. Regardless of who is involved, the underlying complaints have never changed.

Not actually heard anything directly from Fitness First or FD Consumer Dynamics!

Off now for a calorie packed celebration meal.

Stuart

If it was a forwarded mail, follow Mr Bree's mail address and ask for confirmation from him and Fitness First before assuming you've won .....

Really good advice from the http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk website, with I had read it before joining

Stuart

GYM MEMBERSHIP CAN LOSE YOU POUNDS - STERLING

Read the small print – or risk becoming financially unfit, warns Consumer Direct

Credit agreements buried in the small print could trip up thousands of people who rushed to join a gym as part of their New Year’s resolutions, warns Consumer Direct.

Whilst the New Year is a peak time for joining gyms and getting fit, Consumer Direct cautions that financial fitness could be compromised if the novelty of a work out regime wears off.

People joining gyms are often oblivious to the fact that a lot of contracts include credit agreements covering membership fees. In many cases the agreements are based on a fixed period of time – typically one to two years. Cancelling a gym membership will not cancel the credit agreement.

Consumer Direct’s Carol Brady advises: “Don’t put your financial fitness at risk in pursuit of physical fitness. If you’re joining a gym it’s always worth checking the small print.

“The law relating to gym membership is the same as that for any goods and services. A contract cannot always be cancelled simply because the member has a change of heart.

“Even life changing events like moving home, changing job or starting a family may not affect your contract.”

2/

Gyms are legally obliged to give copies of contracts to customers who ask for them, so it is always possible to double-check your terms and conditions.

Carol Brady continued:

“The best advice I can give someone who is tied into gym membership and wants to cancel is to read the terms and conditions of the contract before stopping your direct debit.

“If you’re not sure where you stand and you’d like further advice, Consumer Direct is on hand.”

Consumer Direct offers the following advice:

1.Read the terms and conditions of the membership contract carefully

2.Don’t be pressured into signing the contract immediately – take it away and read it at your leisure

3.If you are unsure about your membership terms, you are entitled to see a copy of your contract and the gym is legally obliged to provide it

4.If you join your gym over the telephone or online you are entitled to a seven working day ‘cooling off’ period

5.Check the terms for rights to suspend or terminate the membership

6.If you want to terminate your membership put it in writing, send the notice recorded delivery and keep a copy of all correspondence

7.You may be able to stop your gym membership within the contract period if the gym fails to provide a satisfactory quality service

8.If you have a dispute and you are still tied into the contract it is best to keep paying, but do inform the bank and gym that you are paying under protest

9.Don’t stop paying monthly direct debit payments until your membership has concluded. If you do the gym could claim outstanding arrears

10.Even if your contract is coming to an end, you should still give your gym notice if you do not want to renew your membership. It may be worth keeping a note of key dates in your diary

Archived