Childrens television programs - old favourites

Eleke95

We were talking the other day at playgroup about the programs that kids like and we got onto our old favorites from the seventies when we were little. Most of them I could remember. Are there any here that you remember? Which were your favorites and why?

Rainbow, Hickory House, Pipkins, Charlton and the Wheelies, The Clangers, The Herbs, Michael Bentines Potty Time, Magpie, Grange Hill (with Tucker, Zammo, and Trisha Yates!)

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did do a search and couldn't see anything.

Pob was the one I loved the most. Pipkins was one of my favs along with Charlton and the Wheelies (which I've even got my son into heheh).

Grange Hill (still watch it occasionally - I know, I'm sad :rolleyes:

Also used to love runaround? with Mike Reid aka Frank Butcher although he used to scare me a lil bit (not as much as Spike Milligan did though!)

Sport Billy, Jamie and his magic torch, Mr Benn, Roobarb and Custard, Bagpuss and The lil boy/girl who was shaped like a keyhole who's name I can't remember are also fondly remembered.

There was a programme i used to like but cant think for the life of me what it was called. It was about some kids that lived in a house and i think they were all adopted or summat (and he was in it who has just been in eastenders,the bloke that tried to kill himself and his daughter,Owen).

It was in the eighties.

Can anyone think of what it was called?????

There was a programme i used to like but cant think for the life of me what it was called. It was about some kids that lived in a house and i think they were all adopted or summat (and he was in it who has just been in eastenders,the bloke that tried to kill himself and his daughter,Owen).

It was in the eighties.

Racking my brains on this one - I'll keep thinking.

What about Marmalade Atkins? Tizwas! Multi coloured Swap Shop!, Crack a Jack, (It's Friday, it's 5 to 5 and it's CRACKER JACK!) can't believe I forgot that one.

It was in the eighties.

Damn! hes was called dodge®?

Found it - Dodger, Bonzo and the rest, it was class, also reminded me of another - Johnny Briggs!

Archived