Childrens television programs - old favourites

Eleke95

My favourites when I was very young were Bill and Ben, The Woodentops, and Torchy the Battery Boy. As I got a bit older, I loved Flash Gordon, and the Lone Ranger

Monday - Picture Book with Patricia Driscoll

Tuesday - Andy Pandy

Wed'day - Bill and Ben

Thursday - Rag,Tag and Bobtail

Friday - The Woodentops.

Also not a kids programme but when we were at school they made us watch 'THREADS' does anyone remember that?

Now that was scary when youre a kid!!

Was THREADS the one about the effects of a nuclear bomb ? Am I thinking of the correct one, cause I think we had to watch that at school as well.

As a kiddie, Rag Tag & Bobtail and The Woodentops were favourites, as were Tales of the Riverbank and The Singing Ringing Tree. Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley came from the Gordon Murray stable, and Oliver Postgate`s superb Bagpuss, Ivor the Engine, Pingwings, Noggin the Nog and the Clangers will always be loved by yours truly. One programme that never seems to get mentioned is Towser, a super 5 minute animated series narrated by Roy Kinnear which entertained "big kids" in the 80`s. Wonderful programmes then, and as I am currently on my second childhood, wonderful programmes now.:hihi:

Just thought of another ! Fingerbobs! remember that anyone? with finger mouse and that fella who worked the puppets (now he was strange).

And yes, Picture Book rings a bell but I can't recall what it was about.

"Picture Book" - part of the 'Watch with Mother' programmes was, I think, a story from a book; possibly like "Jackanory" which came some years later?

Another story of the day came in the form of Johnny Morris "The Hot Chestnut Man".

Archived