Childrens television programs - old favourites

Eleke95

I remember, like SheShe, Muffin the Mule.

Perhaps, SheShe, you also watched Whirligig, introduced by Humphrey Lestoq.

I think Mr. Pastry used to be on that programme too.

That was in the very early days (1951/1952-ish) (9 inch screen Black and White TV at my late Aunty's home; sitting under the Dining table with my cousin watching "THE BOX"! Biscuits and "pop" on demand too. :) What happy days they were. *sigh*

I understand Mr. Lestoc committed suicide some few years later. I was very sad when I read of his demise.

Yayyy at last someone else that remembers Whirligig:thumbsup: Normally when I ask anyone they just give a strange look and say "no?" as if I'm completely potty instead of just partly. I couldn't remember any of the people in it though, only Mr Turnip...

I also remember "Heidi" and the Richard Greene "Robin Hood" and of course Roger Moore as "Ivanhoe".

Oh happy days, I haven't imagined something that didn't exist:hihi: :thumbsup:

telly did seem to be more entertaining back 'int day.. didnt she used to sit in a tree or something, and she met the witch ina graveyard, proper telly!Used to like Heidi too, hoopla ,hoopla!!

Yeah the witch used to sit knitting on a gravestone! I loved it!

Does anyone remember the one about a little boy who lived in a transport cafe with his family. His mother always ended up saying "Oh Joe".

And what about my kids favourites - Thomas the Tank Engine, Fireman Sam, Postman Pat, Thundercats and even Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles - oh and Power Rangers.

don't think they're in the same era but my earliest fave was Muffin the mule and I loved Rag Tag and Bobtail many moons ago

Many of the above are now criminal offences :hihi:

The earliest one I can remember is 'Listen with Mother' and also 'Childrens Favorites with Uncle Mac'.

My mother got me and my sister a song played on it, it was something about tooth brushes, and was by Max Bygraves I recall.

Many of the above are now criminal offences :hihi:

The earliest one I can remember is 'Listen with Mother' and also 'Childrens Favorites with Uncle Mac'.

My mother got me and my sister a song played on it, it was something about tooth brushes, and was by Max Bygraves I recall.

I'm a pink toothbrush your a blue toothbrush,

Haven't we met somewhere before?

I'll be true toothbrush ...de da de da de dahhhhh....etc.:hihi:

Archived