Childrens television programs - old favourites

Eleke95

Pob was brilliant, I wrote in and got my letter on his tree!! I also loved Button moon, henrys cat, Take art, stoppit and tidyup.

used to hate willow the whisp, rent a ghost and ivor the ruddy engine!!!!!!!

forgot to say loved lets pretend and Look and read........remember wordy???

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/

Hello. Try this one, there are hundreds of sound and picture clips from way back.(perhaps thousands)

Many thanks cat631 and CHAIRBOY. I shall look on the sites this evening, and take a trip down memory lane.

ps I would never have thought the that the years would pass so quickly. :):thumbsup:

pps Ahhh! It was Mr. Turnip, not Mr. Pastry........I found it on the links! :thumbsup:

This is really sad but I have original books for almost all the programmes mentioned here! Floor to ceiling shelf unit in my bedroom filled from top to bottom :loopy:

My fave's were Pipkins, Bagpuss, Rent-a-ghost ( My first ever crush was on Timothy Claypole!) Trumpton, Camberwick Green, Clangers and Mr Ben. On a recent rip to the Film Museum in Bradford, I watched an episode of Pipkins where Hartley Hare has to go to the dentist as he has been eating too many sweets. Hartley Hare was like a Puppet version of Larry Grayson ......... so camp!! There was a scene in it where he hid some chocolate from Tortoise and told him to "Come and get it big boy!!" I almost choked laughing!

Can anyone remember a series called " A swish of the curtain"? It had a pre Blue Peter Sarah Green in it and it was about a group of kids who took over and did up an old theatre? I loved that one.

My wife is waiting for the price to come down befor investing in one of them new fangle T.Vs,but we do own one of them wireless radio's we can tune in to "Dick Barton" special agent, & enock, Lovejoy and gang ,(I've got blue bood in my veins)

My wife is waiting for the price to come down befor investing in one of them new fangle T.Vs,but we do own one of them wireless radio's we can tune in to "Dick Barton" special agent, & enock, Lovejoy and gang ,(I've got blue bood in my veins)

I used to listen to Dick Barton as well.. under the table with the tablecoths hanging down the sides, in my tent....with a stick of rhubarb and a spoonful of sugar or cocoa and sugar to dip my finger in....yayy who needed owt else.:thumbsup:

Archived