Bishop street broomhall

waddy

My grandad lived here in 1926 in house 1 and my gran in house 11.I would like to find out more about bishop street and also any info about my grandad william ward born 1905.He was a decorator painter and his father william henry was of the same occupation.looked on ancestry with no luck.

Thanx for the info I am trying to get as much info about my grandad as I can I have his marriage certificate and he lived here in 1926.

You may have to get his birth certificate,

No 1 bishop street, joseph stocks, table blade hafter

no 11 bishop street, henry dales fletcher, bricklayer

addresses not listed in 1925

• 2 years later...
My grandad lived here in 1926 in house 1 and my gran in house 11.I would like to find out more about bishop street and also any info about my grandad william ward born 1905.He was a decorator painter and his father william henry was of the same occupation.looked on ancestry with no luck.

hiya

don't know if this is any good to you but in 1895 there was a henry ward lived at 135 thomas st,which is very close to bishop st in fact bishop st crossed thomas st up to 1948/9, another was a william henry ward lived at 41 ecclesall rd but he was a drill and auger and bit manufacturer. if no good sorry.

ps there was a pharmisist at the same time called ward he was situated on south st (moor) and thomas st, another was a fish dealer in thomas st, maybe they were all related

Archived