VAIN tomoz at The Boardwalk

mummyjac

I saw Vain, way back when they came to the city hall 20 years ago. And I sometimes listen to their first album. But what gets me is why does it always sound like he is singing slightly out of tune.

I just thought that the album was badly produced with too much reverb etc. But no, he sings just like that live too. . .

I would go along if I wasn't skint though. There is something strangely delightful about those songs, Beat the Bullet, and Icy etc..

Yep, I'll be there! I saw them supporting Skid Row in the late '80's and they blew them off stage! They had a lot of record deal problems, and the second album wasn't that strong, but the first album, "No Respect", is one of the very few albums I can honestly say hasn't got a duff track on it. It's a masterpiece.

I still think they were the best band to come out of the sleaze/glam rock scene at the time.

Really looking forward to it!

Yep, I'll be there! I saw them supporting Skid Row in the late '80's and they blew them off stage!

Not in my opinion.

Skid row were a little more formulaic, but they had brilliant songs and could do it live. I was into both bands at the time and Vain lacked a bit of polish in comparison but I enjoyed both nobody blew anyone off stage.

VAIN def weren't as good as last year, but I still loved them !! GREAT to hear *No Respect* this time around :D The sound in the Boardwalk was awful though. I know they had probs getting there, and were late, and their moods probably weren't helped by the mainly yawnsville crowd.... Come on - guy in the front row sending text messages all through .... Dont hog a front space from genuine fans if you're not arsed watching the band !! Duh....

I still love VAIN, and will def go see them again in the future :D

Actually, I was a bit harsh. It wasn't crap, but the sound quality, er, wasn't the best so ....... 'Smoke And Shadows' was the best tune of the night for me, though an encore would have been nice .......

Time to dig the vinyl out ...... after the rugby! The Pale Rider in the Boardwalk was on top form though!

Archived