Littledale Estate, does anyone know it?

toptourist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Moved to Goore Avenue in 1956 when I was 5!! My parents still live there and celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary today (8th Feb). My mum has a twin sister who lives on the other side of the estate on Greenland Avenue.

Went to Acres Hill infants and junior schools, as did my younger brother and sister. Then both myself and my brother played football with Littledale Juniors in the Sheffield Friendlies League.

I played on the estate as it was being built. The watchman chased us frequently, I was forever in trouble with my parents , once for ariving home with my sandles thick with lime as i had to run through the lime pit to as he chased us.

I live there now Does anyone want a swap??? only joking but the place has gone down hill in the last few years.

I too went to Acres Hill Infants and junior school as did my children and now my grandchildren go to it .

Whuich street do you live on . I wonder if you know my aunts ?

Greenwood Rd and Greenwood Drive

Archived