Question - bet no one's done as many hard sports as I have

aard

SOME PEOPLE!!

I havent read the entire thread but why be so negative and unkind? If he's got something to be proud of then fine. I'm terrified of heights, so thats parachuting out, and falling, so that's skiing out, and I'm scared of small spaces, so no potholing (and my big fat bum would just get me stuck!) but I do ride a deranged horse, which is incredibly scary, and frequently leaves me black and blue, occasionally bleeding as well (30 miles an hour through tree cover down steep hills, off trail, and he seems to think he gets extra points for hitting low branches and taking out random downhill cyclists)

So I say, good for anyone who has the guts to try any sport and the stamina to keep going.

It isnt bad thing to blow your own trumpet once in a while, its just not nice to put other people down or speak entirely arrogantly. I dont get the feeling he meant it that way when he started the thread, so come on, who else has actually DONE something interesting and scary or difficult in the sporting/physical arena.

Easy to scoff and scorn, if I sat you on my horse, you wouldnt have the breath to squeak let alone jibe.

"Easy to scoff and scorn, if I sat you on my horse, you wouldnt have the breath to squeak let alone jibe."

Ah, Graceomalley, I have "sat on a horse" and ridden for many hours at a time in very rough country Arizona Desert, Texas Panhandle ( New Mexico next,I hope.) rounding up cattle and on one occassion being chased by Buffalo, I'm not one to brag, you understand. Just pointing out there are many people on SF who we've all done something adventurous and/or exhilarating, but don't feel the need to tell everyone. That aside can you not tell when some one i.e. aard, is pulling our collective legs?

"Easy to scoff and scorn, if I sat you on my horse, you wouldnt have the breath to squeak let alone jibe."

Ah, Graceomalley, I have "sat on a horse" and ridden for many hours at a time in very rough country Arizona Desert, Texas Panhandle ( New Mexico next,I hope.) rounding up cattle and on one occassion being chased by Buffalo, I'm not one to brag, you understand. Just pointing out there are many people on SF who we've all done something adventurous and/or exhilarating, but don't feel the need to tell everyone. That aside can you not tell when some one i.e. aard, is pulling our collective legs?

Cant see the point in people posting if all you want to do is knock down someone else, you arent making any positive contribution are you? He wants to share his achievements and get some positive feedback (or pull our legs)! Whats wrong with that!

Maybe we'll all come cowboying with you for our next sporting experience, got to beat potholing!

Cant see the point in people posting if all you want to do is knock down someone else, you arent making any positive contribution are you? He wants to share his achievements and get some positive feedback (or pull our legs)! Whats wrong with that!

Maybe we'll all come cowboying with you for our next sporting experience, got to beat potholing!

but you can see the point of trolling? :loopy:

the above contribution's not exactly positive either, is it?

There's loads more for you to have a go at aard if you're bored - how about indoor skydiving, zorbing/sphereing, diving with sharks, fire eating, hovercraft driving?? To name a few.

I've done most (except bungee - not my thing!)but I do have an advantage ruuning Spice as I get to test them all. My next ones I'm working on are river bugging, parasailing (In England - done it on hols) & a gyrocopter flight. Life's nevr dull!

Archived