Post City Hall Restaurant

Dark Moomin

Hi,

My mum is comong to visit this weekend, and on Saturday we are going to a show at Cuity Hall and want to go for dinner after.

I'm a bit at a loss as to where to book as I haven't eaten at many Sheffield restaurants.

I am looking for somewhere with a good no smoking area, that won't be too noisy/drunken by 10.30 on a Saturday, and that is only a short walk from City hall.

Cuisine type is not too importnat, just not curry. Would quit elike somewhere that we can grab a light bite or a full meal depending on how we feel, so was thinking about Tapas, but I can't seem to find anywhere that we'll be able to hear ourselves talk, that hasn't had its food slated.

So, any suggestions? I'm getting fed up with hunting now!! :P

Cheers guys!

Crystal upstairs will be ok, or el manco ???? on west street.. (someone will correct that) The second one is probably the better suggestion, roughly opposite Tesco I think and it's a Tapas place. The Ruskin is quite nice but is a pre bar to somwhere at the weekends so will be busy and probably stops selling food ealier than that.

You mean La Mancha for the tapas bar. Mediocre food and gets very boisterous on a weekend.

Not recommended for what the poster is looking for.

I'd probably just hop in a cab and go to a chinese - maybe Hui Wei top of West St? Reason being it's chilled, nice atmos, good food and not full of drunks (well not when I have been in anyway).

I had pretty much decided on Ask, but they close at 11! :rolleyes:

I'd probably just hop in a cab and go to a chinese - maybe Hui Wei top of West St? Reason being it's chilled, nice atmos, good food and not full of drunks (well not when I have been in anyway).

Hmm, hadn't considered Chinese... I shall have a ponder, its so stressful just want to make sure we have a good time!!

Do you know what the smoking situation is like In Hui Wei? Do they have a decent sized no smoking area?

Also, does anyone know what its like for smoking in Sheiks? They said they have non-smoking tables, but didn't seem sure that they actually had a defined non-smoking section!

It's a poor indictment of Sheffield city centre after a concert turns out on a Saturday night if it can't offer what Dark Moomin is after. Surely there must be some suitable places?

Or maybe the 'night-time economy' in the city centre is all about loud places and binge drinking (fun sometimes I grant you, but not always what you want). If so it needs to diversify a bit to meet the demand.

Archived