Anyone remember The Mullen Family

Does anyone remember the Mullen Family all fine singers..I remember Barry, Byron, and another brother Who sang like Nat King Cole, Barbara ( Sheffields Shirley Bassy)and I believe two other sisters..all were singers. Barry and Barbara fronted a Sheffield Group Known as "The Conways" other members of the group were Eddy ??( an Indian multi-instrumentlist).....Gres Earp ( guitar)...Dennis Drydon (drums)..and Me (on Bass Guitar).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

they had the elm tree pub from about 1982 till about 86ish..i knew them very well if its the same family(which i'm pretty sure it is....i used to knock around with simon and byron,their dad barry (no longer with us) used to have a talent night in the pub sundays and tuesdays he always started the night off and he had the place packed...from the elm tree he bought his own up..it was past rivlin valley and it was set back from the main road up in the hill,i went to it once but can't remember its name.

• 1 month later...

barry had the elm tree manor top and turned it into a great pub,he sorted all the dick heads out and made it a fantastic place,he took the bath hotel neer upperthorpe,last time i saw him he had a cafe down the cliffe,he was dying of cancer,hard ******* but if you were right with him he was right with you,great singer,saturdays he would be on all night with the family in he elm tre...one of the best landlords ever to have the place

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by kirky

they had the elm tree pub from about 1982 till about 86ish..i knew them very well if its the same family(which i'm pretty sure it is....i used to knock around with simon and byron,their dad barry (no longer with us) used to have a talent night in the pub sundays and tuesdays he always started the night off and he had the place packed...from the elm tree he bought his own up..it was past rivlin valley and it was set back from the main road up in the hill,i went to it once but can't remember its name.

hi from the elm tree barry took the bath hotel on burgoyne rd

Originally posted by Timbuck

Does anyone remember the Mullen Family all fine singers..I remember Barry, Byron, and another brother Who sang like Nat King Cole, Barbara ( Sheffields Shirley Bassy)and I believe two other sisters..all were singers. Barry and Barbara fronted a Sheffield Group Known as "The Conways" other members of the group were Eddy ??( an Indian multi-instrumentlist).....Gres Earp ( guitar)...Dennis Drydon (drums)..and Me (on Bass Guitar).

Come on Timbuck, no one singss like King Cole, no one.

I don't remember the group they had, but Byron formed a duo in the 70's called Smith and Weston. I remember going to a different working mens club every Sunday dinner time and watching them play, sat at the front with a bottle of orange and a bag of crisps.Byron's my dad.

Originally posted by lucababy

I don't remember the group they had, but Byron formed a duo in the 70's called Smith and Weston. I remember going to a different working mens club every Sunday dinner time and watching them play, sat at the front with a bottle of orange and a bag of crisps.Byron's my dad.

Thats right Byron was in a duo, the other lad in the duo was "Neil Bridges" on guitar, who used to play in the "Whirwinds" along with "Dave Hawley" and "Jonny Ryder" the vocalist...I liked Byron he was a "good lad". also i'd like to contact "Neil" if he is still around?.

I don't know what happened to Neil. My dad might know. I printed the posts off and showed them my mum and dad today, they don't have the internet, and he did say what he thought your name was, and Ive forgot! I remember my mum said she thought it was you who married her friend Beryl? Is that you or are they thinking of someone else? The duo they were in was Scott and Weston not Smith and Weston, I was thinking of the gun. Someone posted that Barry had cancer. Barry died suddenly of a heart attack, but whether he had cancer before that I don't know.

• 1 year later...