Chinese restaurants in Sheff

sayloubay

hue wei is garbage not real food a bit plastic, the best in town by far has to be Wong Ting (formerly golden dragon) but completely different but make sure you get the chinese menu with the real top notch food on, the general menu is your usually english tedious food like sweet n sour n black bean sauce.

Its a bit more expensive but a true chinese meal otherwise just have the dim sum menu again amazing!!!!

Wong Ting is excellent (formerly Golden Dragon) and I found the staff welcoming and attentive. (The proof of the pudding is in the number of chinese families who regularly eat there.)

Foodwise, I've always liked Zing Vaa (on the Moor) but have never felt comfortable in there. I always feel the staff are watching me, expecting me to do a runner for some reason.

Which is a shame because, pound for pound I rate their food more than anyone else's.

There's also one across the other side of the Moor - is it Marble Garden? Again, nice food and the service has always been fine when I've been. An added bonus - or maybe not - is that you can operate their karaoke machine by yourself after your meal and make a real plonker of yourself!

(Yes, I've been there....,)

I think it's called the Marble Court.

The owner (Tony?) is a chinese guy, very friendly and yet you want to hear him sing!

I've been here for a couple of birthdays (we're in our late 30s) and have to say it's been spot-on every time.

Plenty of Bee Gees to sing IIRC!!!!

Archived