Someone claiming Higher DLA for ADHD?

I think that by discussing another person's legal matters, because your claim has not been successful, is a disgrace.

That a decision has gone against you is not the fault of the person of whom you talk, and you should stop now.

Your wrong there, I am now back on DLA, I took it to court and before I actually entered the court the judge came out and said that it is stuupid they have taken me off the benefit and he can clearly see that. He told me that I will be on Higher rate of DLA indefinitely

Sorry for not mentioning that, didnt think I would need to

Mainframe,

Glad you got your problem sorted.

However, regarding the original post about your neighbour, if you've already gone through proceedings to claim DLA, then you will know how hard it is to get any level of help. It's not just a case of filling in a huge form with every moment of your waking (and sleeping sometimes) life written out (some questions duplicated) you also have to have history, with your GP, any medical professionals, etc. The DLA people then contact these and get more information on you.

If he's managed to get through all that with no history of illness and be awarded Higher DLA, i'd be very surprised.

Mainframe,

Glad you got your problem sorted.

However, regarding the original post about your neighbour, if you've already gone through proceedings to claim DLA, then you will know how hard it is to get any level of help. It's not just a case of filling in a huge form with every moment of your waking (and sleeping sometimes) life written out (some questions duplicated) you also have to have history, with your GP, any medical professionals, etc. The DLA people then contact these and get more information on you.

If he's managed to get through all that with no history of illness and be awarded Higher DLA, i'd be very surprised.

Given that the higher rate of the care component for DLA requires the following:

'You must be so severely disabled mentally or phsically that you require frequent attention throughout the day in connection with your bodily functions or continual supervision throughout the day to avoid substantial danger to yourself or others, and;

you require prolonged or repeated attention at night in connection with your bodily functions or in order to avoid substantial danger to yourself or others you require another person to be awake at night for a prolonged period or at frequent intervals to watch over you'

...... I'd be more than very surprised.

*Section 72(4)(a) Social Security Contributions and Benefits Act 1992

Your wrong there, I am now back on DLA, I took it to court and before I actually entered the court the judge came out and said that it is stuupid they have taken me off the benefit and he can clearly see that. He told me that I will be on Higher rate of DLA indefinitely

Sorry for not mentioning that, didnt think I would need to

Court? You mean the Appeals Service with a tribunal, surely? These matters don't go to court.

Is there really such a thing as ADHD, or is it just a term used to justify badly-raised kids?

There was an interesting article in one of the broadsheets a few months ago suggesting the latter.

Funny how ADHD kids rarely seem to come from well-bred, intelligent and educated parents, isn't it?

In actuall fact a lot of kids with hyperactivity according to a report I saw not so long back are very intelligent overall, it's just that the child is not percieved as intelligent simply because of there hyper active behavoiur it wasn't excusing acts of arson or vandalism etc. Just stating generally that kids who are hyper active tend actually to be clever.

Archived