Someone claiming Higher DLA for ADHD?

The decision lies entirely with the Civil Service. The rates are awarded from the information provided by the customer, and by the named medics on the form.

You can appeal the decision of course, and there are ways to word this so that the original decision wouldn't be 'lowered', but you need to be careful.

I think you might in fact be talking about Attendance Allowance, which is for older people. It's on the same lines as DLA, but there is no mobility component, and the lower rate of DLA isn't applicable.

The higher and lower rates of AA are effectively the middle and higher rates of the care component of DLA.

Hope this helps. Good point about diet too. I'd forgotten about that.

you could be right HH but both parents are disabled, i think the Fin Law got the higher rate and care allowance for a helper. i can't remember if my dad got anything tbh.

• 4 years later...

after reading through these posts i'm actually seriously considering whether this is all a big joke, because i cant believe you people are serious!!!!

I have 2 children, the eldest has recently been diagnosed with ADHD - and i would like to clarify a few points

1. he is a very well behaved boy

2. i come from a good background and have a very high standard of education

BUT

3. he struggles to stay "focused" in school and although he has a very high IQ is falling behind.

4. he is EXTREMELY hyperactive and injures himself frequently due to this

5. he has no sense of danger

6. his fine motor control is severely impaired.

these are some of the reasons he has been diagnosed with ADHD, not because of bad behaviour or poor parenting.

ADHD is a mental illness, you wouldn't be blaming poor parenting if this was about bi-polar, schizophrenia, autism etc would you?? but yet there are no medical "tests" for these either so do they really exist??? or should we just grab a cane and beat it out of them?????

i cant believe in this day and age this level of ignorance and stigma regarding mental illness still exists.

the real problem is doctors too quick to diagnose kids with behavioural issues with ADHD because its "easier"

i hope you will all think more carefully and maybe do a little research before being so judgemental in future

It was 5 years ago love?

I can see that, what's your point??

Doesn't make what people have said any less ignorant, unless in the last 5 years everyone has changed their minds??

or does ADHD and the stigma surrounding it not exist anymore???

all the best x

Doesn't make what people have said any less ignorant, unless in the last 5 years everyone has changed their minds??

all the best x

I think what he's saying is it seems strange for someone to drag a 5 year old thread up to use for their first post.

all the best x

Well people do change their minds. Also, as regards some of the people from five years ago, it could be nil nisi bonum etc. It does seem odd to dig up a thread and rant about it for your first one.

• 6 months later...

I know this is a old post n that but I just came across it while typing adhd and I just want to say I have two children and one has adhd and he is not bad tempered he is very polite and very loving however he is really hyper he eats healthy he loves fruit and veg etc but he also dosnt like it if routine is changed. And as for adhd kids come from familys who dont have good jobs or whatever I and my partner both have good jobs at 22and do the best for our children havin adhd dosnt always mean a naughty child as I saidd mine is very polite some parents do have children with really bad adhd and do find it hard but it dosnt mean they cnt be bothered with them

Archived