The Plug on Friday 1st Dec. Be there or be square, dude.

the white rose

As a big fan of the seven by 7 nights (even though we're too skint to go out much atm so we haven't been for a while) I just wanted to say that they're at The Plug on Friday.

This is from their newsmail:

We've got a Seven by 7 at the Plug on Friday 1 December

with special guest including Wolfgang Fleur (kraftwerk).

As usual, there'll be special cheap entry flyers for the Seven by 7 faithful. On the 7th,

Carter und Rico take over hosting duties at our usual Seven by 7 at the

Forum and present a line up of vinyl vixens.

Finally, on Saturday 16 December, Seven by 7 goes to the Climax Xmas Glitterball. We'll be taking over the Interval Bar at Sheffield Uni Student Union for our Christmas

special (i.e. the one where we wrap up rubbish records and give them away).

x James & Tim

to DJ at Seven by 7, email: iwant2play@sevenby7.co.uk

I've posted a blog entry about this on my Sheffield White Rose of Yorkshire blog, linked to below, and am currently writing a series of blog entries on my main blog (also linked to below) about my time on the turn of the eighties music scene when I was a photo-journalist for the music press (when I could be bothered!) and larking in the same daisy fields as bands like Echo and The Bunnymen, A Certain Ratio, Teardrop Expolodes, Aztec Camera, Orange Juice etc. The latest blog entry contains some previously unpublished shots from a session I did with Bob Geldof for Melody Maker in 1982.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand...Seven by 7, one of Sheffield's best nights out imho, this friday will be GREAT! :)

Thanks for hearty recommendation White Rose. We love these Seven by 7 parties in the earth bar at Plug. This one should be amazing. I've even gone to the effort of repairing our light box - it was looking rather well loved (i.e. broken). The whole night should be great - I'm hoping to catch some of Wolfgang Flur's live set in the main room. We were told Mr Flur would be doing a Seven by 7 set, but apparently he's digitised his entire music collection. boo! (where's the thumbs down smilie?) Still that means that me and tim get to spin a few more of our 7-inches, which is no bad thing.

Archived