Who remembers the Attercliffe Radical Club ?

Eleke95

Whilst searching through various posts on here, it amazes me that the Attercliffe Rads has hardly been mentioned at all. I spent most of my childhood in there every Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday nights.(and Sunday dinner!) Does any of you remember it or used to go there? I remember it from the 70's/early 80's. :)

I probably know you then Whiteley! I'm from Jessell St. where Woodbourn School was. Do you remember the bottom lounge with the snack bar? With the pool table and space invader machine? I remember being bored stupid as a kid when the bingo was on and going to sit in the bottom lounge out of the way!

I probably know you then Whiteley! I'm from Jessell St. where Woodbourn School was. Do you remember the bottom lounge with the snack bar? With the pool table and space invader machine? I remember being bored stupid as a kid when the bingo was on and going to sit in the bottom lounge out of the way!

Yes i remember the bottom lounge, having a bottle of shandy and a packet of biscuits and pickled onion, then playing on the steps and getting told off for jumping down them. It was probably in the sixties when I starting going in the club. I'm 52 now.

Yes i remember the bottom lounge, having a bottle of shandy and a packet of biscuits and pickled onion, then playing on the steps and getting told off for jumping down them. It was probably in the sixties when I starting going in the club. I'm 52 now.

Oh right! Probably don't know you then - I am 36

Hang on a minute though, You are not any relation to Queenie and Mack Whiteley are you? I think they had a son and daughter. They also had two lovely little granddaughters from what I remember.