Sheffield 'Grin Up North' Comedy Festival

Andy C

Saw this mentioned in the Sheffield Telegraph today, the first one should be 1-16 October NEXT year, with many venues large and small taking part. Toby Foster was bigging it up, and suggested he hoped that in time it would rival the Edinburgh fringe.

Sounds good to me!

• 2 years later...

I have booked for Jeremy Hardy on Tuesday and Alan Carr the following Wednesday - I am really looking forward to it!!

I went to some shows at the Leicester Comedy Festival a few years ago and it was brilliant!

:thumbsup:

I went to the first night at the Lescar last night, and it was great. Two young comedians, Dan Atkinson and Tom Wrigglesworth (a Sheffield lad), who may not be household names but had a superb reception from the audience.

It's The Book Club tonight at the Lescar, with Robin Ince (mate of Ricky Gervais, was in The Office I think) which promises to be excellent as well.

I'm going to see Ross Nobel and Jeff Green too!

I've also got tickets to see Mitchell and Webb (but I don't think they're officially part of the festival) and Mark Thomas and Ed Byrne but those two are in Doncaster as thats where I live and the tickets were cheaper!

Just a word of warning about the book club, I saw it at edinburgh and it was pants! Not at all what I expected it to be, the best way to describe it is like a very bad family talent show!

Archived