Wedding hair and makeup

I had my make up trial yesterday at the shop bang next to where I am having my hair done (trial'd a couple of weeks ago). I have to say I am really happy with the results of the make up and am really looking forward to it being done on the day. It's such a relief to have the hair and make up sorted.

So, it's thank you to Pure Bliss for the make up and Hepburns for the hair ... two things that I really don't have to worry about, and all for a bargain price of £15 for each :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Angi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have been trying to decide if i want to do my own make up or have it professionally done and i went to a wedding fair today and had my make up done by a company and it was soooooo bad! So i am now worrying that if i get it done professionally it will look horrible. Also, i understand i would have a trial maybe a month before the big day and i would pay for this and of course the make up on the wedding day but i want to also meet with a few make up artists and have just a quick mini session to see if i like their work but dont want to have toi pay for these- because dont see why i should if they dont do a good job. Does anyone know of any make up artists that would do this?

Hi, i have been trying to decide if i want to do my own make up or have it professionally done and i went to a wedding fair today and had my make up done by a company and it was soooooo bad! So i am now worrying that if i get it done professionally it will look horrible. Also, i understand i would have a trial maybe a month before the big day and i would pay for this and of course the make up on the wedding day but i want to also meet with a few make up artists and have just a quick mini session to see if i like their work but dont want to have toi pay for these- because dont see why i should if they dont do a good job. Does anyone know of any make up artists that would do this?

I think you would struggle to get someone to do this unless you was having someone who did party plan and you had make-up done as part of a party. The idea of the trial is to work with you discussing your usual amount of make-up, the colours of the wedding, what you were thinking you would like your make-up like. The trial often actually takes longer than the make-up on the day because it is change until its right. So for the amount of work that should go into the trial you'll not get anyone to do it for free I wouldn't have thought

I have managed to find someone who will do it- i dont want a free trial, just a meet up where i can see if the make up artist is any good. I dont think it is right to expect people to pay for a consulation when that is where the customer decides if the make up artist is right for them. I am going to arrange a meet up with the person who will do it for free a.s.a.p so watch this space!

REMINDER TO BUSINESSES

Advertising is not permitted. If a bride is DIRECTLY* asking for quotes, availability, etc. from suppliers please contact them via PM.

*This does not include brides just asking for recommendations from other brides.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone reccommend a good mobile make up artist. I am wanting to do this for my best friend as a suprise for her wedding, there would be the bride and also one bridesmaid. We would want a trial and on the day.

If you know of anyone please PM me with the details.

Thanks in advance.

I can't reccomend these girls highly enough both very talented girls they've only just started up their business and are booking up very quick for next year for hair and make up for weddings. They've just done a fashion show weekend just gone have a look at their Facebook page!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hair-Make-Up-by-Louise-Lauren/299202346763176

Archived