Good Chinese restaurant

Originally posted by Fantomas

I couldn't fault it for meaty stuff tho - top quality grub and extremely keen waiters.

Keen isn't in it. Felt like a prison of war camp.

As soon as I'd finished the last noodle on my plate they were all over it like a fat kid on a smartie.

Bulletts have left guns slower than the time it took them to take my plate.

Food is pretty much OK, not brilliant... but OK (not crap).

Value during the week lunchtimes is amazing, so much choice for only £5.50. Spot on!

Although the decor is more like a school lunch hall than a restaurante (take a tip from Pizza hut people... it's could work in your favour); for weekday lunch times.... excellent!

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by steelblade

I noticed the other day that there's a new chinese buffet opening. It's near chapel walk, I think the building used to be the Halifax bank if I remember rightly.

It's called Jumbo, so that'll be my next place to try, I should really become a food tester, what a fantastic job that would be :)

JUMBO

I went to this new establishment behind the Crucible Theatre last week and it got me wondering which of these places was the bes-tist? Cos theres No1 Oriental Buffet near Ponds Forge, one on the Moor and possibly loads of others what with this seemingly latest fad!

I went on a midweek night and the 3 course buffet cost £8.99 plus drinks. It was nice to get away from all the Xmas kak. The place was decorated in minimal post-Ikea furniture, but the bright lights on the lilac walls and the over zellous air con where I was sat made me feel dizzy. The ladies loos were like a sauna in comparison! (massive function room/overspill upstairs too).

Definately a taste sensation on my plate as I chose to try a variety of dishes (thats the point of a good spread for me). Attentive staff too and the free top-up of my pot of chinese tea was much appreciated. They also served alcohol - Tiger beer etc.

There were several afterworkdoo-pub groups and couples in but I think it will attract more theatre goers and families in the new year.

Guess I'll have to try the other ones now to compare! Oh the torment!

Archived