Smoking in pubs

Because the Labour Government, which at the time set the laws athe Queen's approval, decided for him.

Like I said, best thing they ever did IMO.

I agree Rich. I much prefer pubs now they are smoke free. I can take my young one with me.

I don't think the smoking ban will ever be rescinded in the UK. (and although I object to the government interfering unnecessarily in what - IMO - should be the landlord's choice in how (s)he runs hizzer business and the customers' choice of which businesses they choose to patronise) I'm glad that pubs no longer stink of smoke.

In some cases, the smoke smell masked other obnoxious odours ;) - Some pubs now smell of pi88 and puke.

(In the same vein - hazards to public health - I understand that [and this may be urban legend] an analysis of peanuts served in bars showed one sample which contained 19 different strains of urine. Do you think there's any chance of the government intervening and banning pubs from serving peanuts?)

The Dutch have relaxed the 'No smoking' rule - in small mom-and-pop pubs run out of houses. (Apparently, these are quite popular in some parts of Holland.)

Wrong, wrong, wrong! IMO the smoking ban was THE best thing the previous Government ever did.

IMO if any Landlord is silly enough to allow smoking in his premses he deserves to get caught and have his license took off him.

Because the Labour Government, which at the time set the laws athe Queen's approval, decided for him.

Like I said, best thing they ever did IMO.

IMO we know it's your opinion you cluck..stop bloody repeating yourself. :rant:

Archived