This is a strange request...

smedley

This is going to sound a bit silly, but I have a radio show in Dubai and one of my listeners works for the British Embassy out here. Her name is Christine Searle. She regularly texts in to the show and I met her face-to-face whilst sorting out the papers for my wedding.

I make no secret of being from Sheffield on the show (it keeps me in free Hendersons). Hearing this, Christine has sent me an email asking if I could help her track someone down. Here's what she said...

"My best mate, Jill Sidebottom, who started nurse training with me in the 1960's went and fell in love with a bloke from Castleton, called Roger Townsend. In those days you had to leave nursing if you got married before you qualified. Anyway, Roger was more important so they wed and went to live in Sheffield... Blair-Atholl Road, it was. Now their son Ben would be about your age [mid-30s], and I know Sheffield's a big place, but if there's any way of getting in touch with her again, I'd be over the moon. I've tried 'friend's reunited' and even made a trip to Castleton, to try to locate them, but all without success."

Christine is a great girl and I'd really like to help her out, so if anyone has any information on these people, please drop me a line or post something on here. It'd make a great (cheap) xmas present for Christine.

Thanks.

Wouldn't it be Townsend though?

Can't see any Peter Townsends associated with a Jill and Ben, unfortunately.

Knew the name seemed familiar, wasn't he Princess Margaret's boyfriend at one time? :)

pete townsend was /is a member of the who, pop group

pete townsend was /is a member of the who, pop group

Depoix .... I love your quote " I am not a number etc" I virtually used it to a tee the other day with my General Manager, when i quit for treating us just like you say as a number. Love it !!!!!!

Archived